Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't add to a collaborative playlist?

Solved!

I can't add to a collaborative playlist?

Hello, I'm trying to add to a collaborative playlist my friend made, but for some reason I can't, I added the playlist to my library, but when I go to add a song to a playlist, it doesn't show up, only "New Playlist" and any I've created show up, does anybody know how to fix this? I'm using Spotify free on my computer (Windows 10) with Vivaldi Browser, if that helps solve the problem.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there, 

I am jumping just to say that it's currently not possible to add songs to a collaborative playlist that isn't yours on the web player. For more info check Xenia's reply on this post

If you want to see this as a feature you can always suggest a new idea, or search for an already existing one 😉

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @ErateWiDemTunes, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps.

If you're still having trouble, let me know what device this happens on, as well as the current software version.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star

I'll try restarting my computer, though like I said I'm doing this on a browser so I can't reinstall the app.

Hey @ErateWiDemTunes

Ah, that's right, sorry for the confusion!

Alright - let me know if restarting the device makes any difference and if you still have issues, try a different browser. 

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Update: I've now restarted my computer, unfortunately didn't work, and neither did other browsers (I tried both Chrome and Firefox), should I try downloading the app to see if that works better?
Marked as solution

Hey there, 

I am jumping just to say that it's currently not possible to add songs to a collaborative playlist that isn't yours on the web player. For more info check Xenia's reply on this post

If you want to see this as a feature you can always suggest a new idea, or search for an already existing one 😉

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star

My main use case for a music service is listening while on the computer - this is often my work computer, where people don't want to, or often are not allowed to, install most third-party programs for (understandable) security reasons.  So, I use Spotify the web player, and... it's incredibly frustrating having the web player lack so much functionality compared to the apps -- the Spotify Radio app doesn't even have a web equivalent!  This is the straw that broke the "I'm switching to Youtube Music" camel's back.

Hi there @myhandlewastakn,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

In this case we suggest that you head over to this idea. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts