Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't play music from a selected artist only

I can't play music from a selected artist only

I used to be able to select an artist (Coldplay for example) and it would ONLY play songs by Coldplay.  Lately, if I select an artist it plays maybe 1-2 songs by that artist then plays songs from "similar" artists.  Guessing there was an update but how do I change it back?  Pandora did that and that's why I quit Pandora.

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone , iPad mini 2

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

1 Reply

Hello @musiklvr299

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Regarding your question, on-demand mobile access is available only for Premium users. However, it's available on selected playlists for Free users as well, there will be no shuffle symbol next to the title of the playlist. That means, you can choose a song you want to play and you have unlimited skips. 

Without the Premium subscription, you won't be able to play just one artist on mobile and you'll get some recommendations. 

You can still play on-demand using e.g. a desktop, even without Premium Subscription.

You were able to enjoy the Premium features before, probably because of a free trial for new accounts. 

Here's an article comparing different Subscriptions offered by Spotify. Take a look if you're interested.

I hope it shed some light! 

Suggested posts