Premium

Country

US

Device

(Iphone 12, Acer Laptop, Web- Player) 

Operating System

(Windows 10, IOS 14)

My Question or Issue

I have several songs that are on my dextop on a folder. I made sure that my Spotify app in my dextop knows to connect to the these folder of local songs. 

I can play these local songs on my Spotify app but I want to play these on my phone's Spotify or on the web-player.

To get these to show up, I would like the song while playing so it would be added to my likes playlist and I would also add this local song to another playlist. The problem is when I would go to the playlist or the likes playlist on my phone or my web player, the new song would not play.

1 Reply

Hi @ahowlf.

Thank you for posting on the Community!

To start, we'd like to clarify that at the moment it's not possible to play local files in the Web Player. However, they can be synchronized to phones or tablets. 

You mentioned you have Liked ♥ and added your Local Files to a playlist. Just to make sure, have you downloaded those lists to be played offline on your phone? If you haven't, please give it a go. 

If the issue persists after that, try creating a new folder on your computer and then move all your audio files there. Then, change the source location of the files from the desktop app and try to synchronize them again to your phone.

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts