Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't search all my liked artists my library tab

I can't search all my liked artists my library tab

Recently I've had a hard time searching my library by artist for music that I have previously saved. A lot of my artist just won't show up when I type the name in, even when I type the full artist name. I've checked on the artist pages for the ones that are missing and it still shows that I have all that music saved, I can't search my library for it.

I have found a workaround where I can go to the artist page and remove, then add these albums and songs again. Once I do that they are available when I search my library.  Does anyone know what the issue might be, and how to fix it?

5 Replies

I'm having the same issue,. The way out that I found is to scroll to the end of Artist List (that's curently going just to the T, and there're a lot missing in the middle) and go to the + sign to add the artist, this way I would follow them and they show in the list, but I would have to do it with EVERY artist missing in the list, wich sucks...

Hi there @SpivasaurusRex and @Shiryana,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community! No worries - we're here to help 🙂

In case you're referring to the recommended artists at the end of your followed Artists list that's gone missing, we'd suggest you head here and follow the instructions under the Status Update.

Hope you'll find this useful. Give us a shout in case there's anything else you need help with!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

That's the issue! The status update didn't really help because both my computer and phone are at their most recent update and the issue persists. I can search for these artist I've saved in the albums section and remove and add it back to my library and then they show up in recommended artists again when I search them.

It's not the recommended Artists that are gone, I'm using this tool to add the artists back in my list, the artists itself are gone from the list, even though their songs are still saved in my list

Hello again,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop 🙂

@SpivasaurusRex our developers have meanwhile confirmed that the feature has been removed from the desktop version, but the issue should be fixed with the latest version of the mobile app.

If you're still experiencing this on mobile, we'd recommend a clean reinstall to see if that makes a difference. If you're using an Android phone, make sure to clear the cache and remove the app data as well before reinstalling the app.

Keep in mind that there's also currently a limit of approx. 1.000 Artists that can be followed. Once you reach that limit the count may become inaccurate. We're looking at removing the limit though in the future - so stay tuned!

@Shiryana liking a track or saving an album no longer automatically adds that artist to your Artists tab. You can read more about how Your Library is organized in this support article.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts