Premium

Country

TURKEY

Device

(Sony Xperia XA ultra)

Operating System

(Android 7.0)

My Question or Issue

Hello, I have this problem in a while. When my storage is on device there is no problem but When I choose sd card as a storage option my playlist are still there and I can play them but when I open my liked songs I see "your liked songs will appear here". I tried reinstall, clear data and anything that in this community. Please help me. 

3 Replies

Hey @Farukgndz,

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the community!

First up, can you please confirm that your device and your Spotify app are both updated to the latest available version?

Next, please ensure that your SD card is formatted as portable, and is not formatted as internal memory. Formatting an SD Card to be used as internal memory, called Adoptable Storage, will cause issues with the Spotify cache, as well as possibly causing an SD card to fail. If the SD Card has already been formatted as internal storage, please reformat it as portable.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of your Spotify app and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

Let me know how it goes — I'll be here in case you need any further help 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, I have the same problem, and my SD card is already formatted as internal storage, I can't change it back. Is there no workaround for this? 

Hey @krmranna,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community 🙂

It's a good idea to try with another SD card. You can also try removing the SD card, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD card.

We'd suggest you also get in touch with the manufacturer of the card. The team there can give you more information about it.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts