I can't sync my local files!

I can't sync my local files!

Charlie_P

I've been trying all day to sync my local files between my laptop and my phone. I've been looking on all sorts of forums and such, trying to find the answer; I've uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify on both devices, I've moved the music files into different folders, I've made several playlists for the local files. All that happens when I tap 'download' on my phone is that it just says 'waiting to download' and does nothing. Is there anything else I can do? I'm at the end of my tether on this one.

26 Replies

n3eo

In case this is still a problem:

I had the same issue and was able to resolve it by setting the firwall rules in windows correctly.

Windows differs between public an private networks. At the first start of Spotify, you will be asked for permissions for outgoing connections depending on the type.

In my case I allowed it for private connections, but my WiFi network was set to be a public one.

By change the type, i was able to download the files to my mobile.

bungmunchio
this is it!!! finally, thank you so much.
im on windows 10 with a galaxy s10. clicked properties on my network (was already on my mobile hotspot from trying every other possible solution), changed it to private, restarted the app on my phone and laptop and it was good to go. you're my hero 🙂

Sarven

Yeah I have the exact same issue, before for some odd reason I was able to download the songs by playing them on my PC and then switching to have them played on mobile which somehow forced Spotify to download the song. Method doesn't seem to work anymore so I'm at a loss for words as to why there is no obvious fix that Spotify would tell us and that we have to use such backwards methods.

Ver

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Don't worry. Help is here 🙂

We'd suggest you give these steps a go. If the issue persists, you can try running a clean reinstall with these steps. This one is more thorough than the usual reinstall. It's also a good idea to have "Show unavailable songs in playlists" turned on in the Settings.

If the issue persists, you can send us screenshots of what you're seeing. We'll investigate this further.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

rickhentai

I always forget to connect to my home WiFi when I download songs onto spotify. Perhaps it's something like that? 

I always tell people to check the obvious steps with care, like making sure you're connecting to the WiFi when downloading songs from your computer onto your computer.

koxukoshu
This is what worked for me. The moment I switched my windows network settings to private, they all synced instantly! Can't believe there's no notice or outright instruction on this. I thought it was blocking region locked songs from synching.

Jeremy

Hi there @koxukoshu,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

It's really nice of you to share what worked for you to the other users here in the Community 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts