Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I deleted a folder - and all the playlists under it were deleted. How do I get them back?!

I deleted a folder - and all the playlists under it were deleted. How do I get them back?!

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

MacBook Air

My Question or Issue

I have dozens of playlists and keep them all organized under folders. I had a folder with about 10 playlists created by me. I accidentally deleted the folder, but now all of my playlists are gone. They are nowhere to be found on my profile and when I go to Recover Playlists under my Spotify online login, none of those playlists show up on the list with the option to restore. 

I am so incredibly upset, I've been building these playlists for years. I didn't even realize I deleted the folder, and it didn't warn me that deleting a folder would delete every playlist under it. Does anyone know if there's anything I can do?!

3 Replies

Hey there @Heeyitsana,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

That's odd - when deleting a folder, you should see a pop-up confirmation window that mentions that this will remove all the playlists included in the folder.

If you're having troubles seeing it, it'd be a good idea performing a thorough reinstallation of the app on your device to shake things up. You can find out how to do that in this handy Spotify Answer.

Further, we'd recommend giving it a try and accessing the Recover playlists page in an incognito or private window in your browser to view and recover the playlists contained in the folder.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I have the same issue. I was deleting some songs that were accidentally added as a playlist and then I apparently accidentally deleted an entire playlist folder. the one-song-playlists are mentioned in the recovery box, including a playlist I've deleted weeks ago, but not the folder. I've scanned through all of my folders - it has not been moved into a different one. I still have access to one of the playlist I've worked on earlier by clicking the backward button on my mouse and it's still there, editable, too, but that's it. non of the playlists are mentioned on my account as public playlists either.

Please, please help.

Hey! It seems as though there’s no way to do this on your own, and there’s clearly a glitch that makes it so that the playlists deleted when you delete a folder do not show up under the Recovery option.

I ended up chatting with a Spotify rep via their site’s online chat, listed the names of the playlists, and she restored them for me.

Suggested posts