Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I don’t want playlists “improved” with the same song over and over

Solved!

I don’t want playlists “improved” with the same song over and over

• I listened to Ween’s “Tried and True” on repeat for about 10 days in 2021.  Now, apparently, Spotify thinks I want to listen to it for the rest of my life.

How do I get “clean” radio untainted by my previous listening?  How do I get “Beck radio” as though Spotify doesn’t know my music “preferences” at all?

I don’t want my past listening to inhibit—or even affect—current Spotify suggestions.  

How do I ask Spotify to stop “knowing” me so well.  What I really want is a true “Billy Joel radio,” not “alexraul33’s Billy Joel radio.”

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @alexraul33,

Thank you for posting on the Community. 

All music recommendations and personalized playlists are based on your listening habit. Even though it's not possible to manually remove them from your Home screen, they should disappear after some time. 

This means that they will keep adapting the more you listen to other music, like songs and add them to your library.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.
MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @alexraul33,

Thank you for posting on the Community. 

All music recommendations and personalized playlists are based on your listening habit. Even though it's not possible to manually remove them from your Home screen, they should disappear after some time. 

This means that they will keep adapting the more you listen to other music, like songs and add them to your library.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.
MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

While that is the answer, I’m not satisfied with it.

Today we listened to “Whitney Houston radio” on my wife’s account and it defaulted to the same artists she listens to often.  Stuff that is not very related to Whitney or her hits.  It was the same old stuff we’ve heard on repeat on, say, Janet Jackson radio.  Whitney and Janet radio should not be the same.

This supposed “feature” pigeonholes people and inhibits music discovery.  Sure, personalizations could change over time, but as a practical matter they won’t as much as they could, because they have people in little boxes of taste.  They’re self-reinforcing, sounds like.  Plays of songs lead to more plays, lead to even more plays.

We want an option for radio based on global tastes, or musical similarities between songs and artists, not past listening.

That is not a solution

Suggested posts