Premium

Country

independent

Device

independent

Operating System

independent

My Question or Issue

My daughter has been listening to children's songs through my account. Now I constantly get children's songs suggested. A mixtape is only occupied with children's songs. How do I get rid of this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @dasarne,

Thank you for your reply.

There's actually an idea about this - [All Platforms][Your Library] Delete Songs from Account History. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

On another note, have you heard about Spotify kids or Premium Duo? You can read more about it here and here.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @dasarne

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

Keep in mind that the app's recommendations are based on your listening history and we're afraid it's not possible to clear your listening activity.

We'd suggest you to keep listening to your favorite music so that you can get better recommendations that adjust to the music you like. You can select the songs that you don't like and choosing the "Hide this song" option. Likewise, you can Like the songs you do like by clicking on the heart icon. This will help the playlist to be updated so it can include more personalized results.

Also, take into account that Spotify is for personal use. In this case, we don't recommend sharing your account with other users. 

If you have any questions, just let us know.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I find it very important that only one person uses only one Spotify account. However, as you can easily see from the example with the children's music, the user experience would be better if one could delete music from one's history.

Marked as solution

Hi there @dasarne,

Thank you for your reply.

There's actually an idea about this - [All Platforms][Your Library] Delete Songs from Account History. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

On another note, have you heard about Spotify kids or Premium Duo? You can read more about it here and here.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I think the usecase @dasarne describes is quite common for parents with small children. My Daily Mixes too get filled up with children songs, and the workarounds proposed here are not working for me:
1. Spotify Kids is not available in my region.
2. Premium Duo offers nothing new compared to my Premium Family.

3. Even if we had free slots on the subscription plan, it’s not realistic to have one for small children, and switch between accounts, just to listen a couple of children’s songs.

Suggested posts