Family Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone XR, laptop

Operating System

iOS 13, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

This has been going on for a while; I'll log in to Spotify, and it'll show that I recently played a song that I never listened to. When I look in "recently played" there's maybe 6-8 albums/singles that I, again, have never listened to or even heard of. I've tried to solve this issue before. I changed my password, went into "Apps" and deleted pretty much every service I gave access to, but it's still happening, and I don't know why or how to fix it. Plus, when I first open Spotify, it'll sometimes say "Listening On..." and says a device I don't own. I seriously don't know what else to do.

1 Reply

Hi there @kgrace08,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

At first, i'd suggest following all the security steps provided on both this help page and this one as well.

However, as you mentioned using the Family Plan, i'd first check that all your members are using their own account and that none have by mistake logged into your account and used it to play music.

If we dealt with a regular Premium account i'd send you to this Spotify Answer to create a new account and transfer you data safely.

As we're dealing with a Family Plan, if you decide to create  a new account, please reach out to support using this "About Us" page and have them guide you through it.

Hope this helps 🙂

Suggested posts