I think someone has access to my account

Highlighted

I think someone has access to my account

ringkun
Visitor

My spotify account has been showing history to songs I never listened to, mostly foreign Hispanic music, and when I want to use spotify it is often interrupted by the same kind of music. What is going on? How do I get them out of my account?

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: I think someone has access to my account

gorilla-aiyana
Casual Listener

if you go to your account on the website, you can go to your account overview and underneath the topic "your plan" there will be  a section that lets you sign out everywhere, therefore kicking out anyone who could still have access to your account.

click here to go to the website 

Highlighted

Re: I think someone has access to my account

TreyAnastasio
Composer

Hi ringkun,

I’m sorry to hear that someone has gained access to your Spotify account. I recommend first resetting your password for your Spotify account again (it’s best to use a complex password, and to choose a different one for each service that you use; you can read more about that here); and for maximum security, it’s best to open the password reset page in a private/incognito window of your web browser.

Next, sign out from all devices (as @gorilla-aiyana has suggested), by logging in to your Spotify account, opening the account page, scrolling down to “Sign out everywhere,” and clicking on the button there.

Next, I strongly recommend that you change the password for your email or Facebook that is connected to your Spotify account.

Let us know if you still need help, and have a good day!

SUGGESTED POSTS