Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Idea] Activate completely random shuffle mode in settings

[Idea] Activate completely random shuffle mode in settings

Hi all, 

As you may have already noticed, the shuffle mode in Spotify is not completely random. Instead of having equal probabilities between all songs, it seems like Spotify's algorithm provides different weights to individual songs. This can be very frustrating, as you will hear the same songs over and over again, while other songs almost never occur in shuffle mode. 

For that reason, it would be great if Spotify's developers could add the functionality to toggle between completely random shuffle mode or Spotify's algorithm, which might still be default. 

Please let me know if you experience similar issues and let me know what you think!

My apologies for posting this in the wrong board. I could not post this in the new ideas board. 

3 Replies

Hey @Sjannoo,

Thanks for writing about this here in the Community.

Great you have some suggestions. To make sure you're sharing them in the right place, do the following:

1. Go to the Spotify Community
  2. Click on Menu
  3. Click on Ideas > Idea submissions
  4. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on “Let’s go

Keep in mind the Idea Exchange guidelines when submitting your Idea to make sure we can make the most of it.

It's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

You can also check this Spotify Answer to get to know more about how your feedback will reach Spotify 🙂

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks Mario, the idea is now shared in the Idea Submissions board as well. 

Hi @Sjannoo

Thanks for getting back to us. 

That sounds great. If anything ese comes up, we're always a message away. 

Have a lovely day 🙂

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts