Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

If you like an entire album it appears on your artist playlist - any way to stop this?

If you like an entire album it appears on your artist playlist - any way to stop this?

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

All devices

My Question or Issue

Every time I like an album (as in pressing the heart by the album name to save to my albums library) it adds the whole album's contents to the corresponding artist's playlist if I'm following them. For example, I follow Prince and add selected 'liked' tracks to that artist playlist so I can play from that playlist for all my favorite tracks, but I just saved an album that has 92 tracks on it and they've all been added to the artist playlist regardless of whether I've individually liked the tracks or not. Is there any way to stop entire albums from being added? 

3 Replies

Hello @abusby28,

Thank you for your post.

Can you send us a screen recording from start to end so we can have a closer look? This will help us understand more directly what's going on from your end.

We'll keep an eye open for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks for commenting!

I’ve attached a video showing my followed artists and then my Prince liked tracks. The playlist includes tracks from an album I’ve not individually liked but as I liked the entire album, they’re showing up there. I don’t want those album tracks on there if possible.

Hey there @abusby28,

Thank you for your reply and for the provided screen recording.

This is expected behavior.

There's actually an idea about this. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts