Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Importing Songs that are on the Spotify Servers

Solved!

Importing Songs that are on the Spotify Servers

Operating System

Windows 10, Newest

My Question or Issue

Hi, is there anyway I can import my local files onto a playlist, so it adds what is on the server, rather than the local file? I have a local playlist of 400+ songs, that I wanted to import onto spotify, so I can delete the local version, and keep the spotify playlist created, And its been a bit tedious, going through every song, finding it on spotify, and then adding it. 

Even some tips on how I could speed up this process would be very much appreciated. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Das_Terminator,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

At the moment, Spotify won't match your imported files with what's on the servers, but if you'd like to present your feedback regarding the View Artist feature as an Idea for Spotify, make sure to follow these steps:

1. Go to the Spotify Community
  2. Click on Menu
  3. Click on Ideas > Idea submissions
  4. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on Let’s go

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an Idea gets, the more likely it is for the Idea to be implemented. If you wish to learn more about how your feedback will reach Spotify, feel free to take a look at this article. It'd also be good for you to bookmark this other article since it features all the essential info regarding managing your local files on Spotify.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Das_Terminator,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

At the moment, Spotify won't match your imported files with what's on the servers, but if you'd like to present your feedback regarding the View Artist feature as an Idea for Spotify, make sure to follow these steps:

1. Go to the Spotify Community
  2. Click on Menu
  3. Click on Ideas > Idea submissions
  4. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on Let’s go

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an Idea gets, the more likely it is for the Idea to be implemented. If you wish to learn more about how your feedback will reach Spotify, feel free to take a look at this article. It'd also be good for you to bookmark this other article since it features all the essential info regarding managing your local files on Spotify.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts