Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

In Playlists, restoring Grayed Out Tracks that are still available

In Playlists, restoring Grayed Out Tracks that are still available

Gradually, as expected, tracks on Spotify will gray out within existing Playlists as they are dropped from the service or the region I am in.  Also local tracks regularly lose links and I'm accustomed to that. 

However, most of the tracks grayed out are still on Spotify!  i.e. Tumbling Dice by the Rolling Stones off Exile...the title track of Station to Station by David Bowie...Hard To Handle by the Black Crowes on Shake Your Moneymaker...just to name a few notable ones across the thousands I see.  I'm assuming the version of the track is from an album that has since been replaced with a newer version of the same album, etc.  Is there any way to resolve these that doesn't involves literally going track by track and delete/replacing the grayed out version with the current version?  I have thousands of playlists...

1 Reply

Hi there @DrSessions,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

If for an example the content's been replaced with a newer version of the same album you need to add it manually by yourself.

If you think it could be handled another way and that the idea would appeal to other users you can always create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. 

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care 🙂 

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts