Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

In flames song "Where the dead ships dwell" still on spotify but is not playable?

Solved!

In flames song "Where the dead ships dwell" still on spotify but is not playable?

Plan: Premium

Device: Samsung galaxy S10

Operating System: Android

My Question or Issue:

Is the song "where the dead ships dwell" removed and in that case why since the rest of the album is still playable or is it an issue just for me? I can still see the song in the album but im not able to interact with it. Albums name is "Sound of a playground fading" by in Flames

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @johland,

thanks for checking out my reply !

No worries about the posting section, i pointed it out so in the future, if needed, your posts will get the right attention.

Regarding your claim, Spotify is the receiving end of artist's content created around the world.

This means that the artists or their representatives are the ones holding the option of performing changes, deleting or blocking their creations as they see fit.

In most cases it'll be an entire album missing, however it's totally possible for tracks to be picked and grayed out on a tracklist.

As written in this previous support page i sent you, it's possible that the missing content you're looking for will reappear soon.

Crossing my fingers for you.

Let me know if there's anything else i can help you with 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi there @johland,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

First of all it's important to mention that these type of questions should be posted in the "Content Questions" section of the community in order for them to get the right attention and answers.

Now to the track itself, at first i would ask a friend or a sibling using Spotify in the same country as yours to check out if the track is playable to them.

If not, make sure to read all about missing content here.

However, if it is, please check out the same track across different devices to see if it happens as well.

Waiting on your update 🙂

My apologies, first time posting in the forums so didnt find the appropriate chanel, thank you for the reply though.
I did check with another device and it seems to be missing there as well. My thought was too that it's a content rights issue but found it strange that one song in the middle of one album has disappeared and not the entire album or even multiple songs.

Marked as solution

Hi @johland,

thanks for checking out my reply !

No worries about the posting section, i pointed it out so in the future, if needed, your posts will get the right attention.

Regarding your claim, Spotify is the receiving end of artist's content created around the world.

This means that the artists or their representatives are the ones holding the option of performing changes, deleting or blocking their creations as they see fit.

In most cases it'll be an entire album missing, however it's totally possible for tracks to be picked and grayed out on a tracklist.

As written in this previous support page i sent you, it's possible that the missing content you're looking for will reappear soon.

Crossing my fingers for you.

Let me know if there's anything else i can help you with 🙂

Suggested posts