Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

In what order is the album library?

In what order is the album library?

I updated the Spotify app in my laptop like 10 minutes ago and now the album library doesn't make sense. Before updating, I sorted by "Artist" and it'd go alphabetically from one artist to the other, sorting all of the artist's albums alphabetically as well; now it still sorts the artists alphabetically, but not the albums? Like for example, Radiohead is still after Pink Floyd, before Slowdive, but the albums are ordered: Kid A, Pablo Honey, Amnesiac. It's obviously not alphabetical order (or reversed alphabetical order), but it's also not chronological, not from most recently added to less recently or vice-versa, not from longest to shortest album... It's not really an issue, I just don't understand really. Why?

Plan

Free

Country

Brazil

Device

Lenovo Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

3 Replies

Hey there @UsernameIDK

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature to try only temporarily. Check out this help article for more info about test features.

We’d also suggest you go to this Live Idea created by our users and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented 🙂 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

This answer makes no sense.

The albums are no longer listed in alphabetical order when you order by Artist, so it must be a glitch. Is there any way to solve this?

Unfortunately, there is nothing we as users can do but wait and hope that the app developers realize their mistake. I remember a similar sorting issue cropping up in 2014 and it took them nine months to address it, so I will not be holding my breath for a timely solution. This is why I decided to stop giving Spotify my money: customer support is non-existent, and any user attempting to report a bug is passed off to the ideas board instead.

What's crazy about this is that the incorrect order is always exactly the same across my PC and phone. It's not just listing them in a random order--something is specifying that they should be in this order specifically, but why?

Suggested posts