Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Inability to remove spesiffic songs from 'Liked songs'

Inability to remove spesiffic songs from 'Liked songs'

Hey all.

I've been using Spotify now for years and years, but I have been ignoring a problem I have been having for a couple of years and now its just kind of an anoyance:

I have a set of songs, in my 'Liked Songs' playlist, that cant be removed.

I've pretty much tried everything over the years short of making a new account...

"Just hit the little heart to un-like the song" - Yeah, no, that doesnt work. The only thing that happens is the playlist header flashes and the song is still there, kinda looks like it refreshes. (also tried on android, IOS and several iterations of MacOS)

"Right click and just hit 'remove it from liked songs'" - Also no, i dont even get the option to remove for the songs in question.

"Did you try reinstalling?" - Lol yes, the songs (entire playlist) carry over to other freshly installed clients on any and all devices. (like they should)

Some of the songs were local files before liked songs became liked songs, i think they were in my saved songs playlist before it was changed but since then i cant remove them. From the looks on the dates the songs were added, im having trouble removing any song from before 2014

Heres a pic of what the context menu for the songs look like, no option to remove:

hgt3345_0-1584017931420.png

vs the normal:

hgt3345_1-1584017997208.png

Any more suggestions, comments or instructions would be quite welcome.

9 Replies

Hello @hgt3345

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Please, select the songs you want to remove from your Liked Songs and press delete on your keyboard. 

It should remove those songs from your playlist.  

I hope it helps! 

Of course I've already tried this 😛

Alas to no avail, the problem persists

(yes backspace too)

Hi @hgt3345

Thanks for confirming! 

I'd recommend performing clean reinstall of your Spotify app. It's different than regular reinstallation.
Just find your device in this article and follow the steps provided there.

Let me know how it goes! 

I currently have this problem across all my devices, and even only last month I had a fresh install of windows on one of my machines and a fresh install of spotify on top, latest and all that of course, so it isnt an install or reinstall issue.

Hello @hgt3345

Could you remove the source of your local files to see if that helps?

You can do that in app's Settings > Scroll down to Local Files > switch Show Local Files on > remove the source where these songs were located.

Keep me posted!

Tried this as well, on my current machine that actually has the local files, but new installations dont have them anyways so i should've been able to delete them then xD

Hello @hgt3345

Can I ask for some screenshots of what you see when you follow the steps I sent you previously and turn Show Local Files option on? 

Thanks! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUgC0h6jmso

This is whats happening regardless of whatever setting is enabled or disabled, whether the install is fresh or not, and whatever device im on.

(on android it takes slightly longer for songs to re-appear but i think perhaps the playlist is bugged on the spotify servers perhaps)

Hey there @hgt3345,

Just wanted to let you know that Spotify is aware of this issue and the right folks are currently looking into things. If you're affected by this, we suggest you head here to add your +VOTE and make sure to leave all the relevant information requested in the Status Update.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Give us a shout if you need help with anything else.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts