Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Incorrect playlist folder structure on desktop and mobile app (Android)

Incorrect playlist folder structure on desktop and mobile app (Android)

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Pixel 3 and Macbook

Operating System

Android 11 and MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

My Question or Issue

I'm having significant issues with playlist folder structures. On Spotify Web, my folders and playlists in the folders are correct. On Spotify Desktop and Android, folders are in the wrong parent folders, playlists are in the wrong folders, and some folders are nested deep within other folders (they aren't supposed to be there!).

Most issues seemed to start when I created a folder and sub-folder structure for my playlists this summer. I have tried pulling sub-folders out of parent folders to make the issue go away, but that hasn't worked. Desktop and Android are almost unusable because I can't find any of my playlists.

I've used Spotify for many many years, so playlists are how I organize all of the songs I like. I haven't experienced this issue until this year.

Correct folder structure on Web.png
Incorrect folder structure on Desktop.png
2 Replies

Same issue, except that my android device is the one with the messed up folder structure, browser and desktop app are fine.

Hi there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sorry to hear that Your Library appears different on your different devices.

Could you try logging out and back in on all your devices, twice. This will force a server sync across your account. You can use the Log out Everywhere option located on your account page.

If that doesn't make a difference, try running a clean reinstallation of the app. This involves deleting your app cache. Note that any songs downloaded for offline listening will need to get resynchronized afterwards. Check out this guide for the device relevant steps.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts