Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Increase Playlist Limit to more than 10,000 songs please!

Solved!

Increase Playlist Limit to more than 10,000 songs please!

I am currrently on a premium plan in the US. I use Spotify on my laptop and iPad. 

I would love it if there was no limit on the number of songs you could add to a specific playlist, not just to your overall library. I like keeping all my songs on one playlist, then creating more specific playlists for genres/moods/special occasions/etc. 

PLEASE increase the playlist song limit, or better yet, remove the limit! 

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Blessedjac

I took a closer look for you again and I can confirm that the limit for the playlists is still at 10,000 items and that the error you're seeing is expected.

There isn't a way to get in touch with the internal teams at Spotify, but I'll make sure to pass your comments on to the right folks. 

There is also this blog that you can check out, as it has info on the current limits in the FAQ. 

I hope this helps! I'll be here if you need anything else. 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey everyone!
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

I've followed this thread and would like to let you know about a suggestion that was opened by another user in 2020. It's set as "Closed - Not Enough votes" because it hadn't reached the minimum amount of votes to go forward on the Ideas Process yet. However, it's still possible for this suggestion to be supported in order to make it reaches the mark of "Live Idea".
Considering it, I'm just sharing it with you to let you know you can leave your vote to help the idea become active again and reach Spotify internal teams.

Stay awesome!

If you have further questions or if you need anything else, let me know! I'd love to help!

Regards,
Luan

LuanSpotify Star

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Hey @hms28, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

The limit of songs you can add to a playlist is approximately 10,000. This means that it's possible to go as well as slightly above this limit, or experience issues when you are near the limit.

You can have more than one playlist containing about 10,000 songs. Duplicate songs will not count as one song but as the amount of times it has been saved.

It isn’t possible to increase or remove this limit at the moment. If this is something you’d like to see change in the future, you can always create a new Idea about this here, and I'll also pass your feedback on to the right folks.

I'll be here if you need anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star

@Billy-J approximately 2 weeks ago, I understand from another moderator that the limit of 10,000 songs per playlist has been lifted and we can now go beyond the 10,000 songs  mark. ( I’m referring to a playlist and not the library 

Hey @Blessedjac,

There isn't a limit to how many songs you can add to a playlist. However, keep in mind that due to technical limitations of the app, when you approach such a high mark (around 10,000 songs) it's possible that the app malfunctions.

Also, keep in mind that the download limit 10,000 songs on each of up to 5 different devices is still in place. 

Hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi @Billy-J Upon hitting 9997 songs( in a single playlist), I could not add in additional songs to this playlist. Instead an error displayed - “You filled this playlist to the max. “  Looks like Spotify has not removed the 10,000 limit for  a playlist.  How can this be workaround 

Hey @Blessedjac,

Thanks for staying in touch. There isn't a specific set limit of 10,000 songs - in some cases, it's possible to go as well as slightly above this number, or experience issues when you are near the mark. 

I would also like to say that I appreciate you reporting this to me, and will make sure it reaches the right folks. 

I'll be here if you need a hand with anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi Billy this is clearly a limitation - pls see screenshot. How else can we term this?  On the other hand if Spotify has a way to change the impression that the playlist is expandable beyond 10,000 songs and this is not a limitation, please do share how to to about this.  

I really appreciate your help here. Thus please  advise me how I can get in touch with the right  people. 

C49AC423-2C03-4D25-8FF8-754279E89B96.jpeg

how else 

Marked as solution

Hey @Blessedjac

I took a closer look for you again and I can confirm that the limit for the playlists is still at 10,000 items and that the error you're seeing is expected.

There isn't a way to get in touch with the internal teams at Spotify, but I'll make sure to pass your comments on to the right folks. 

There is also this blog that you can check out, as it has info on the current limits in the FAQ. 

I hope this helps! I'll be here if you need anything else. 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hello,

Just piping in to say the limit extends to 11,000 if added on the web browser (I've been using this as a way to extend my favourite albums playlist as that keeps growing with each year!!)

Hope that helps!

Capture.PNG

Yeah they definitely need to increase playlist size past 10,000. I'm struggling now at 29 years old and have 2 10,000 playlists. Where is all my music going to go when I'm 50 and using spotify?

Marked as solution

Hey everyone!
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

I've followed this thread and would like to let you know about a suggestion that was opened by another user in 2020. It's set as "Closed - Not Enough votes" because it hadn't reached the minimum amount of votes to go forward on the Ideas Process yet. However, it's still possible for this suggestion to be supported in order to make it reaches the mark of "Live Idea".
Considering it, I'm just sharing it with you to let you know you can leave your vote to help the idea become active again and reach Spotify internal teams.

Stay awesome!

If you have further questions or if you need anything else, let me know! I'd love to help!

Regards,
Luan

LuanSpotify Star

Wayvox, you're awesome, thanks for sharing! 1,000 more songs coming my way! 🙂

i got 11000 songs on my playlist on spotify heres my playlist

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1dhJtgwleWL9LToqQTqddH

i did it, i have 11000 songs, here's proof.   

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1dhJtgwleWL9LToqQTqddH

You can always create a playlist folder and add multiple playlists there. That will give you a single folder with all the music. You can organize it however you want. I do this with my music and shuffle the folder. I have over 90K songs in the entire folder and I'm adding more all the time. 👍🏼

Yes pls I suggest that u can surpass this limit if ur playlist is more than 1-2 year old maybe so u cant spam 10k songs into a playlist in seconds avoiding flood

I tried the link but access was denied. I’m a premium user, a disappointed one

How do you do that? 

I tried adding several playlists to a folder but when I write "play folder" it won't play the playlists.. Wonder if there is a solution for this, thanks! 

bro how did u?? im even stucked at 9998   

eltonifkyu_2-1693059295346.png

Suggested posts