Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issue - 'Recently played' items not staying removed

Issue - 'Recently played' items not staying removed

Hi,

I'm having an issue with removing 'recently played' items. Using the Spotify app on Windows 10 I go to 'recently played' then right click and select 'remove from recently played', the item then gets removed, but when I next open Spotify again (weather it's on the Windows app, webplayer, or Android app) about 6/10 times all the things I've deleted appear back in the 'recently played' section.

Last week I removed about 25-30 items from the 'recently played' section, they were songs I'd listened to exactly once only, after having them suggested to me. After deleting them I have not listened to these songs again, and they hadn't appeared in any playlists/albums/artist radio etc that I'd listened to since. But despite this Spotify keeps randomlly restoring them, they won't stay removed!

Is there any fix for this because it's really annoying me.

Thanks

(Using Spotify student premium plan, UK, issue happens in Win 10, web player, and Android. Have also tried left clicking the three dots and selecting 'remove from recently played' that way, but makes no difference)

1 Reply

Hi there @mbou,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We'd suggest you share this info in the New Desktop Experience feedback thread, since the Remove recently played feature is fairly new and still in testing, so any feedback on how it's working would be welcomed.

You can also share your device Model, OS version and Spotify version.

What you can try is to Log out Everywhere and perform a clean reinstall of the app on all your devices, this involves clearing all app data and cache. This way your account will be manually resynced with the servers.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts