Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung galaxy note 9 and laptop 

Operating System 

Android 10, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I dislike a song on the desktop app, it is disliked on my laptop but on my phone it is visually not disliked, i just can't play it. The same goes at first for when I dislike a song on my phone. It is not visually indicated on my desktop app. After I restarted Spotify on my desktop, the song was disliked. I also tried to refresh the playlist on my desktop app by switching playlists, but that did not work. It is only a minor issue, but still annoying. 

1 Reply

Hey @siegebreacker,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

When you dislike a song in your Release Radar or Discover Weekly playlists, it should appear greyed out and be unplayable. If that's not the case, we recommend you log out everywhere and run a clean reinstall on all your devices, this involves deleting the cache files of the app and will force a account wide resynchronization of your info. You can have a look at this guide for the steps relevant to each device.

If that doesn't fix things, please attach a couple of screenshots of how a disliked song from those playlists appears at your end on both your phone and PC. We'll be happy to take a closer look.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts