NEXT STEP

Issue with recommended music

Issue with recommended music

Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

Harman Kardon Citation One (Google Speaker), and all my other devices with spotify.

Operating System

My Question or Issue

My father has a google home speaker which is connected to my spotify account.

He currently has a girlfriend which has a 4 year old daughter, and they keep playing kids music on it when I'm not listening to spotify.

A day or two after I noticed this happened, my recommended was scrambled with kids songs throughout it.

That's my issue, now my question is; how do I prevent this/reverse the damage? I don't want to be recommended music for 4 year olds.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply

Hey @_g5-kmy48m2u8,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

You can prevent what you reported from further affecting your music recommendations by making sure a different Spotify account is used in connection with the Google Home device.

For example, it'd be great for your father and his girlfriend to start a Premium Family (if they live with you) or a Duo subscription (if they live together but not with you) with their own accounts to use with the Google Home. By doing this, your account and recommendations algorithm should gradually realign with your actual preferences. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts