Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

It is ridiculous that I cannot delete my recently played history

It is ridiculous that I cannot delete my recently played history

I pay you every month for a service that is supposed to be tailored to what I like, instead it is tailored to what i happen to click on or what gets played, regardless if I played it intentionally, or even at all. I know others have posted this same topic, and I know there is an "idea" somewhere. I also know how this works... I am a software developer so I know your response has to be that "you all are working on it". I also know that really means it is buried in a backlog somewhere in JIRA (or whatever task management system you use) and will not see the light of day because you don't care if I take my $9.99 elsewhere.

Don't bother replying, I don't need a canned response and I don't expect it to get implemented any time soon. The fact is my bar is low for services like this. Your product team (like all of them) care about features that bring in revenue rather than fixing UI that you know most of your users will struggle around and complain about even if they hate it because most people don't complain about it.

Another jaded customer

😞

3 Replies

Yes, I have been trying to figure out how to clear or remove a certain artist from my recently played on the main page but nothing. Like I am not going to listen to a certain artist ever again if I accidentally played 1 or 2 songs from them so why keep it on my recently played on the main page. I am annoyed that I pay about $10 a month and can not edit my recently played playlist and I don't have a set playlist on my library either for a recently played playlist either. 

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

We do see how this can be useful, and it's something I would personally like to see too. 

Even though we see how you feel about ideas, we've recently updated this one and will check if it can be prioritized. 

While there isn't much else we can do at the moment, we do see and forward feedback like this and it is appreciated. 

Don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up.

Take care.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Wow looks like no update and it’s 2023. Great job guys. I’m going back to Apple Music 

Suggested posts