Solved!

Re: Joe Rogan Podcast - Stop Video

Ehognose
Regular

Sucks!!!

Dtoppy
Casual Listener
That's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks, sorry for being so dramatic about it.

Bauman32
Visitor

I’m done with JRE until Spotify provides a streaming audio only version. No one wants to watch a 3 hour conversation on their tiny phone screen. Even if you lock the screen and only listen, it kills the battery streaming all that unnecessary video data. I work as a painter and can’t be constantly touching my phone to mess with settings...unless I’d like to ruin my phone. If you can’t stream the audio only for a podcast then you are gonna lose your audience. I’m done till you remedy this issue. No podcasts on iTunes has ever caused this issue. Bye Spotify. Bye bye Joe Rogan. 

cuntlips1122
Casual Listener
Web Player allows you to close the video until the muppets at spotify work out how to listen to customers...

Jeremy

Hey there @Bauman32 and @cuntlips1122,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

As mentioned before - you can choose to only download the audio for podcasts. You find that option in your Settings > Data Saver.

We hope this helps.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Patbach

Since about 2weeks I noticed jre episodes disappeared from my other services so I switched over and installed spotify...guess I'm forced to.

Immediately I notice that multimillion dollar app everyone uses has annoying (and sometimes intentional) flaws. With other apps for example, when connected to WiFi, it would download the latest episodes, I could choose how many to keep stored and whatnot.. Not on spotify.

Now comes the problem of video playing during playback. Listen, my cellular plan doesn't have that much data per month so first if I have to watch a video on YouTube, I will select a much lower (144p, 240p) quality, the amount of data saved is IMMENSE. Spotify? Of course no option for that.. 

In fact after searching through the options and fiddling not even an option to not have the video play at all.. Wow just wow.  So I just pre download the podcast manually and then when listening, disable my cellular data (and better not forget doing it because it's like in 8k crystal quality fkn 10gig/minute obviously cause everyone has 5g connection wherever they go with unlimited data!) and that's the workaround I'm gonna have to do.

I love joe rogan, and now I'll be forced to use your stupid app with those workarounds and I know you don't care especially about me because I won't pay for premium so yeah guess I'll just go **bleep** myself. 

acpulley
Visitor

This option is not available on my 2020 iPhone SE running iOS 14.

IMG_0201.PNG

Ver

Hey @Patbach and @acpulley,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

This is an expected behavior. Currently this option is available if the account is on Premium. If you want to find information about the different types of subscription Spotify offers, you can head here.

@Patbach You can have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion about different quality options. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea. That way other users can also support it. Rest assured that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.   

Here you can find more information about how your feedback reaches Spotify.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

VerModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar

mrt000ny
Visitor

@ Spotify video team:

- Please figure out how to improve video playback. My initial 5 minutes of Spotify experience totally sucked. I click on the Joe Rogan video and it takes 30 seconds before something starts playing. (on YT it's instant)

Right now I'm at the point where where "if it is playing, don't touch it"

jordanwalker24
Visitor

has this been solved yet? Complete joke I'll be canceling my subscription if this continues!! 

Why is it so hard to listen to only the audio?!?!?!?!!?

SUGGESTED POSTS