Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Joe Rogan Podcast - Stop Video

Joe Rogan Podcast - Stop Video

Is there a way to turn vide off whilst listening to the Joe Rogan podcast? I just want to listen to it and not have the podcast drain my phone battery. Same question for desktop version. 

Thanks

78 Replies

Nope. It definitely isn't. Hit up Spotify Cares on Facebook messenger. Ive
been dealing with them for a few days now and their excuses are pretty
funny. If we put enough pressure on them, they will have to do something

Honestly I'd prefer getting butffuçked over using Spotify, thanks for the fabulous advice you call solution

Ate up all my data while playing in background when you cannot even see the video and skipping 15 seconds forward or back puts you on random position in the episode. Great job guys

No wonder you're crying over Apple Music so bad, butthurtify

To further kill the customer experience, I went to cast audio to a wireless TV which I have done countless times before, and now it says that this is a premium feature. Really? Way to go Spotify. What else can you do to keep me from listening to JRE?

Hey now Spotify isn't that bad. I mean, after a week of talking to Spotifys
help team I was told by them that if I download the episode before I want
to listen to it, set Spotify to offline mode, disable video playback in the
settings then it will work. Thats why I love Spotify, its just so simple
and easy. Much better than silly YouTube where you have to go to all the
effort of clicking on a video and watching it play smoothly.

Oh and the JRE episode i downloaded still kept randomly pausing but that's
just part of the charm I guess. 😉

Why is this some Turing award open problem at spotify? It's really hard to appreciate the challenge of switching between an audio and a video file download depending on user preference.

Yeah it's a dream come true that Spotify. I hope you go bankr upt **bleep** nts

How about getting the video to work on Firestick? Spotify SUCKS!

So frustrating that you can't turn videos off - such a simple bit of functionality... Makes JRE unlistenable if lowish battery or poor signal... Classic case of tech that worked fine being 'improved'  

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

While this isn't currently possible, we value the feedback in this thread and have made sure that it reaches the right team. We always strive to improve, so you can be sure that your voices will be heard.

In the meantime, there are also a couple of related ideas on our Exchange that you can add your vote to:

You can find more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange in this Spotify Answer.

Keep in mind, that if you don't have a good mobile connection or you want to save data, you can download the episodes while on WiFi and turn on Offline Mode. You'll then be able to listen to the audio of the podcast with only the app being offline. No need to turn on Airplane mode to disable any other network functionality.

Hope this helps. If you have questions, we are here for you.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Am I missing something here? 

On the app, if you click the settings cogwheel, under the section data saver at the top you can select or de-select Audio-only podcasts - "saves only the audio when downloading video podcasts".

Screenshot_20210330-165447_Spotify.jpg

Hey @Cenotaff

Thanks for your reply.

Keep in mind that this setting only works for downloaded podcasts, not for online streaming. 

If you'd like an option to remove the video when playing the podcast while being connected to the internet, we'd recommend adding your vote to the ideas that @Mihail mentioned.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

@Cenotaff The problem is that you still have to pre-download every podcast, and then go into settings > playback > offline every time you want to play one, or Spotify stream it with video. What Spotify should do is give you options to a.) stream without video, and b.) play the downloaded version without going into offline mode.

How do we add our votes?

Hi @mrrodes,

Welcome to the Community!

If you follow the links to the ideas in @Mihail's post here, you can add your vote by clicking on the button directly under the idea status:

image.png

You'll need to be logged in to your account to do so.

Hope this helps, Let us know if there's anything else you need a hand with 🙂

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

i can't listen to the podcast bacause it won't play on my phone. It doesn't work with wifi or cell. Please make it possible to have optional videos on all your services but especially Joe Rogan. I mean you guys are making enough with the triple advertisements with premium services. **bleep** wads.

You can download audio only and turn playback to offline. You won’t hear adds this way either

Same problem

Suggested posts