Announcements

Joe Rogan Podcast - Stop Video

Solved!
Peter

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

While this isn't currently possible, there are a couple of related ideas that you can add your vote to:

Cheers!

Re: Joe Rogan Podcast - Stop Video

Hey @Patbach and @acpulley,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

This is an expected behavior. Currently this option is available if the account is on Premium. If you want to find information about the different types of subscription Spotify offers, you can head here.

@Patbach You can have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion about different quality options. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea. That way other users can also support it. Rest assured that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.   

Here you can find more information about how your feedback reaches Spotify.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

VerModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar

Visitor

@ Spotify video team:

- Please figure out how to improve video playback. My initial 5 minutes of Spotify experience totally sucked. I click on the Joe Rogan video and it takes 30 seconds before something starts playing. (on YT it's instant)

Right now I'm at the point where where "if it is playing, don't touch it"

Visitor

has this been solved yet? Complete joke I'll be canceling my subscription if this continues!! 

Why is it so hard to listen to only the audio?!?!?!?!!?

Re: Joe Rogan Podcast - Stop Video and show episode list

Regular

CANT TURN OFF VIDEO AND CANT EVEN SEE THE EPISODE LIST BECAUSE THE **bleep**ING PLAYER HAS TO BE PLAYING VIDEO ALL THE DAMN TIME 

I CAN ONLY SCROLL DOWN ONE LINE OF TEXT AT A TIME wth SPOTIFY

Regular
wth That isnt a solution. Do you even understand the problem?

Regular
is this customer service we get for a platform we are paying to use?!?!?!?

**bleep**ing seriously?

Regular
I used to open you tube, click JRE and it would play without any issues. Why cant spotify do the same thing?

Is there a way to prevent the video from playing when listening on a desktop? 

Ok, I see that there are these two "ideas" for video on podcasts, but no movement from Spotify. I would like to reiterate that the user interface for podcasts with video is practically intolerable. I just started a podcast that I wound up not liking, and there is no way to close the video and go back to the main browsing list (short of playing a track that has no video and basically starting over from scratch). I'm a longtime Spotify customer, and I've always thought the app worked great for mobile and desktop--well designed. I was excited that Joe Rogan was moving to Spotify, but the app has been bad enough that it practically makes me want to stop listening to JRE. Not what you guys paid $100 million for and and not up to the standards I've come to expect. Fix this and let us disable video. And just generally fix the podcast UI design. Please.

Regular

Great stuff. Now look how Spotify ignores everything you have typed and still marks it as solved. Enjoy the Spotify complaint process. Soylent Green is people!

SUGGESTED POSTS