Plans: Premium and Family
My partner already has a Premium account via the Apple Store. Since we are set up as a family on Apple's ecosystem, somehow my credit card is charged for my partner's premium account. That's fine. However, I wanted to set up a Spotify Family account directly with Spotify. Here's what I did...
- Subscribed to Spotify Family.
- Invited my partner using the same email address as the one she was using.
- She joined the family account.
I haven't cancelled her premium account yet because I wanted to test whether all her albums and playlists will remain the same. She tells me that they don't appear now that she has joined the family account.
Is there a way we can recover them or shall I reverse the process?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hey, hope you're doing well. I'm really sorry for the trouble. This a complex situation. Spotify has encountered several complaints regarding the same issue. Since you are the plan manager, what you could do is
1. Remove her from the plan and make her log in to her individual account using her own credentials. If all her data is visible again, change the status of all the playlists to collaborative and global. This way she could find those playlists even when she is a member of the family premium account.
2. If this doesn't work out, see if her data is still available while logging in through her individual account. If it is present, open Spotify PC, open any playlist of hers, make a folder on the desktop and then by clicking on individual songs drag and drop all the files in that folder. Once you're done with that, log back into the family premium account, make a new playlist and drag and drop those files back into that playlist. This is a tedious task, but works.
3. You could transfer the ownership of her individual account to new family account. It's an easy task and doesn't take much time. All you have to do is start a Webchat with Spotify, and verify your personal information with them and ask them to transfer the ownership.
Lastly, this could even be a bug, which Spotify is fixing and could fix sooner or later.
I'm leaving some hyperlinks below, so you could refer those for further understanding.
I hope I could help you with your issue. If there's anything else you'd like me to help you with. Please feel free to text back. If I was able to solve your problem, I'd be glad if you mark this post as a solution.
Thanks and cheers!
Have a good day ❤️