Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Library Limit Reached Even Though I'm Still At 8k+ Songs

Library Limit Reached Even Though I'm Still At 8k+ Songs

I've been cleaning my library for the past few days to take out all the extra songs that take up my storage (device memory and my spotify library), and nearing the end of my list of artists, spotify prevented me from adding any more songs because "My Library is all Filled Up" and "To save more, I'll need to remove some songs." I don't understand because when I add up everything, I'm still at about 8,800 or so, which means, I should still be able to add more songs

Plan

Premium

Device

Mobile/Laptop

Capture.JPG
2 Replies

Hey @BugaDaPanda2,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting your question here.

Hope you don't mind the late reply 🙂

If the number of songs you can Like won't increase despite your attempts, this might depend on the fact that you already reached the 10,000 items limit for 'Your Library'.

To clarify, the type of items you can include in 'Your Library' will consist of, for example: Liked songs, Liked albums, Followed artists.

In order to avoid being prevented from adding any of these to 'Your Library', it'd be helpful to keep in mind that the limit can be reached across the sum of all these items.

For example, you can have 9,900 songs Liked and you won't be able to Like any other song if you also have 100 items in your Library across Liked albums and Followed artists.

Hope you'll find this helpful. Feel free to reach out anytime if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Good news! You can now save an unlimited number of songs and albums in your library. There is no more 10,000 limit for your library.

For more info check out the update on the posted idea and the blog post.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts