Step 1

NEXT STEP

Like button limit

Like button limit

Plan

Premium

Country

US

I remain generally happy with the service provided, however I have to say this is annoying.

I've long resisted clicking the "Like' button, except in certain excitable or otherwise interesting cases, because I found the "Liked" playlist to be irritating. It made it seem like it was just creating a playlist that I did not find at all useful.

Then I noticed that my choices did affect my Daily Mixes and other recommendations, so I decided to start using the likes to affect my recommendation, and, upon doing so with some success, began enthusiastically going through and liking important songs throughout my favorites.  I must say, it was having a fantastic affect on my playlists, and I was more happy with my service than ever and enthusiastically dreaming of my long future listening to these wonderful playlists and recommendations.

Then I came to a limit.  A limit that only obsessives like me will come to, but a frustrating one nonetheless.

I suspect it's a limit because Spotify still considers my Likes to be a Playlist rather than, say, like on Netflix, where it's primarily to gauge my tastes.  This is frustrating to me, as I never considered that playlist valuable.  Indeed I find it quite a nuisance.  But the "Like" button I found to be a delight and caused me to spend a lot of extra time exploring and enjoying my service.

I'm sure this is just too specific a concern for any interest, but I felt the need to express it somewhere.

2 Replies

Hey there bleeding_tree!

I was able to find another post that addresses your issue. Here's a link

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Maximum-playlist-amount-max-amount-of...

So it's seems like you're right, you're likes technically fall into a playlist and therefore have a limit. It does seem odd. Would be a great thing to submit under the "idea" section here in the community!

Thanks.  I hadn't seen this.

After checking, I see there's also a thread that I commented on here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Your-Library-Increase-maximum-Songs-allowe... with much of the same details as here.

Suggested posts