Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liked VS Downloaded

Liked VS Downloaded

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

US

Device

Moto G7 Power

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Spotify should keep albums liked after they are removed from downloads. Just because I remove albums from my downloads does NOT mean I take them out of my library. To remove from library, I should have to press the "like" button again. I've noticed after I download an album and decide to un-download it, it will remove it from my library entirely. Not cool. 

4 Replies

Hi there @C-Lyon

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Your "Liked Songs" and your downloaded offline content are two different features of the app.

Downloaded content which wasn't marked as liked songs, would be removed as it is attached to your offline content and not to any other part of your library.

However, you can press the ❤️ button and add them to your library which will have them stored in case you decide you wish to remove them from your downloaded offline content.

I can also recommend you visit the "Ideas" section of the community and post your feedback so users around the community will be able to add their +VOTE and comment to promote it.

If you're unsure of how to post it, make sure to follow the steps provided here.

As a small addition i would also like to add this support page for further info on the functions of the "Your Library" section of the app.

Hope this shed some light.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Spoiler
your response is ambiguous and i am still confused with the bs download v. liked

Hey @zchopper62,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you let us know what exactly happens if you have an Album both liked and marked as downloaded and then you hit the Download button again to remove the Album from your downloads.

Does the Green Heart disappear as well?

It would be great if you can submit a video of this issue, so that we can look into it further.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hilarious that this is still how it works in 2023. If I download an album (a new artist I want to to try out while on a flight), the entire album also has the heart tapped through that action. If I remove the download, then it also undoes the heart selection. 

They should be separate features!

Suggested posts