Premium

Country

United Stated

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

Whatever the latest iOS is

My Question or Issue

For the last week or so, every few mornings that I first open up the Spotify app & go straight to "Your Library" and go to "Artists" (cause that's how I listen to my music most often), all my saved songs from those artist are gone. When I click on the artist, it just goes straight to their page instead of the songs that I have saved from them. 

This is an extremely annoying issue cause the only way to fix it is to delete the app and redownload it, which takes time cause then I have to redownload all the saved songs I had previously downloaded to my phone. I have tried restarting my phone when this happens and it never works. 

Thanks!

10 Replies

Hey there @haydenmoses!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community.

Could you follow the steps here to clear you cache to make sure that it's not causing any trouble? This will not delete your downloaded songs.

Just to check, when you reinstall the app do you follow the steps here? It's a more thorough reinstall that ensures that any outdated files are removed.

In case the issue persists, if a family member or a friend has a Spotify account, it could also be a good idea to ask them to log in on your device to see if the app behaves the same way.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. Feel free to get back to us if you have any further questions 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Just now seeing this, sorry for the delay! I just followed these steps and redownloaded Spotify. I'll be sure to reach out if the problem persists.

Thanks for the help!

Hey there... So I followed all the steps and the issue is still on going. Just now, as I was listening to music, the app stopped playing music altogether and when I opened the app up all my saved songs were gone again. And, once again, now when I click on the artists I'm following it goes to their page instead of opening up all the songs I've saved by them. 

I'll keep having to delete and redownload Spotify every time this happens, and then redownload all the songs I want to save. Hopefully this can be fixed soon!

Thanks for your help!

Hello @haydenmoses,

Thanks for trying those steps and keeping us in the loop.

This is an issue we're currently looking into. So if you're still experiencing this, we'd recommend you head over here to add your + VOTE.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with 🙂

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have the same problem on desktop. I don't know where I can send you more messages, because I didn't receive an answer.
I can see my songs on mobile, but not in desktop. I deleted the program and re-install, and the problem persist. So I don't know what more to do 😞
Also, if I want to play the songs on mobile, just I can't and it doesn't sound

Hey there @carbozzano,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Could you tell us if you're using a Windows or a Mac desktop device so that we can recommend some other troubleshooting steps you can try?

Also, what do you mean exactly when you say that the songs on mobile can't be played and produce no sound? Are you talking only about the songs in your Liked Songs?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

AlexModerator

spotify 2.0.PNG

i'm having the same problem but only on my windows pc.

when I'm in my like library. it only says that I should browse for more songs and i also can't see my liked songs anymore. 

also another note the songs still play on mobile for me.

(my Spotify is in dutch so the terminology could be off)

i hope the picture helps.

Hey there @SIRFIRE1212,

Thanks for reaching out about this and sharing that screenshot.

We're aware of this issue, however it should be fixed for the Desktop app in the most recent update. We recommend you perform a clean reinstall of the app following the steps in this support article.

If that doesn't help try deleting your local cache files for Spotify. You can have a look at the solutions in this thread for a guide on how to do that.

Let us know if that helped. We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

AlexModerator

thanks for the help. I reinstalled the app twice without removing my AppData and somehow that worked.

Hey there @SIRFIRE1212,

Thanks for the quick reply.

We're glad to hear that the reinstall helped 🙂

Don't hesitate to reach out in the Community in the future if you have more queries.

Have a great day!

AlexModerator

Suggested posts