NEXT STEP

Liked songs not showing up in Album view

Solved!

Liked songs not showing up in Album view

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone 13 and MacBook Pro 2021

Operating System: iOS 15 and MacOS 12

My Question or Issue

Songs that I liked that are in my Liked Songs playlist aren't showing up as Liked in the album view, even for the exact same album (not a reissue or remaster).

For example, in the screenshots below, Buckingham Rabbit, Send in the Clouds and Night Society are all Liked and in Liked Songs, but only Send In The Clouds shows up as Liked in the Album view (which you can see has the exact same album name).

Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 9.57.07 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 9.57.31 AM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @mattle1012,

Thanks for the post.

You can head over to this thread for more info on the matter. I recommend checking out @Peter's post.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there @mettle1012,

Thanks for posting. This sounds a bit odd and we'll do our best to help you out here.

Can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in? It's also a good idea to try clearing your cache to remove any old files that might be causing issues.

If that doesn't do it for you, could you let us if this only happens with songs from this album or if you've noticed for others as well? Also, do the songs from this album appear as liked in our web player and the mobile app?

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you in the meantime.

ElenaModerator

I’m pretty sure it’s the age old issue of music being reuploaded and Spotify won’t link the old version with the new version. 

Yes, I've tried logging out and logging back in. Deleting and reinstalling, etc.

And yes, this happens to many different songs, albums and artists.

Interesting.

Then why does clicking on the album link from Liked Songs on the presumably old version take me to the new version of the Album?

Is there a bug fix for this to vote on?

Marked as solution

Hi there @mattle1012,

Thanks for the post.

You can head over to this thread for more info on the matter. I recommend checking out @Peter's post.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts