Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liked songs not showing up on the App Mac

Liked songs not showing up on the App Mac

Dear all,

For the last couple of years I haven't been able to access my liked songs. I can click on the tab, and the songs will play in the order in which I liked them, but I can't actually see them (see the enclosed picture for what it looks like). Anyone any suggestions for how to fix this? I've tried deleting and redownloading the app several times, logging in and out many many times as well, but nothing seems to work. On the phone it's fine, on the webplayer it's fine too, but just on the App it's doesn't work. I am using a Macbook Air 13 inch with macOS 10.14.6 (Mojave) and I have the basic premium plan. If anyone could help me, that'd be great!

Screenshot 2020-04-17 at 12.41.34.png

2 Replies

Hi. I've been having this problem for a long time. Finally, I managed to solve the problem today. I notice that your Macbook Air running on an older OS version, and would suggest checking if OS Catalina is available. If it's not available to your device, I'd also recommend trying to access your Liked Songs by using a different internet connection. (Were you able to try from a different internet connection? Also just to check, are you using a private network such as a VPN? Just check it out.) 

If everything is normal; I know you've mentioned reinstalling the app before, but would you mind giving it another try by following these specific steps here: https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/troubleshooting/reinstallation-of-spotify/

It definitely works. I suggest you try. 

I hope this solution helps you... 

Hi, thanks for replying. I should have probably looked around the community more before asking because funnily enough just as I sent this post the link to the next post was exactly for this problem. That was for the second option you suggested, so deleted all the cache files and other related files from my laptop and then reinstalled Spotify and that did work. Thanks for the reply anyway 🙂

Suggested posts