Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liked songs order mismatched, lost past 2-3 weeks of songs added

Liked songs order mismatched, lost past 2-3 weeks of songs added

Plan: Premium (family)

Device: Macbook Pro 16" 2019, iPhone 12 Pro Max

Operating System: macOS Catalina 10.15.7, iOS 14.3

I'll explain everything in the order it happened.

On 12/16/2020 there was a prompt to update Spotify on my mac. I click it and it also opened the Spotify website to download the Spotify installer which It never has done, I did this anyways and installed it.

Once I opened Spotify back up I immediately notice I lost almost my liked songs I added the past 2 weeks, I also noticed I had chunks of liked songs that were no longer in the same order (if I liked tons of songs from a playlist they where no longer in the same order). I noticed this pattern for liked songs that I added in the past 1-4 months or so. None of my playlists where effected  by this.

Another issue I noticed later that night was my liked songs where no longer in the same order when comparing my phone and computer. I have uninstalled both multiple times and followed the following steps when uninstalling from my laptop.

1. Quit Spotify.
2. Open Finder then click Go (on the menu bar on the top of the screen).
3. Select Library from the drop-down menu that appears (you may need to hold the Alt key if Library isn’t visible).
4. Open Caches and delete the com.spotify.Client and com.spotify.client.helper folders.
5. Click the back arrow.
6. Open Application Support and delete the Spotify folder.
7. Hit Command+Shift+G from your OS X desktop to bring out the Go to Folder window.
8. Enter ~/Library/ to open Library folder.
9. Enter “Spotify” in the search field, hit “Search: Library” and delete all files that appear
10. Shut down your computer.
11. Wait a couple minutes and then hit the Power button again to boot your device.
12. Install Spotify.

Attached are 2 screenshots showing the different liked songs order.

I'm writing this while talking to chat support, I talked to another one yesterday (12/172020) but they where of no help, I'm assuming this one wont be able to resolve anything either, they both have tried rollbacks but there are no changes on my end, they both also stated they couldn't see any songs that I removed recently. I have saved copies of both chat transcripts and can send them to you if they'd help.

I've been a Spotify user since 2016 and have had premium for the far majority of that time, this whole experience has been awful and I just want to get my songs back. I hate to say it because I love Spotify but if you guys cant figure this out I'm canceling the premium subscription and switching to apple or tidal. I am a very tech savvy and technical person and I'm 100% positive this issue didn't happen from anything I did. I do apologize if I come off like a nasty person, I really am not but I hope you can understand why I'm currently like that given my situation.

- Matthew

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 5.34.00 PM.png
IMG_1151.png
1 Reply

Hi there @mjessup44,

We're sorry to hear that your experience hasn't been the best. We'll be happy to help.

As a first step, we recommend running a clean reinstall of the mobile app too by following the steps you'll find here.

Keep in mind - it might take a while for the info to sync on both apps.

Also, try the different options to filter and sort your playlists to confirm if you have all your saved music there. You can find how to do it in this support article.

Lastly, can you confirm if the songs are missing on both the mobile and desktop apps, or just in one of them? We'd also like to know the Spotify version you're running on both devices.

Keep us in the loop. We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts