Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liked songs playlist continues to play songs I've "u liked"

Liked songs playlist continues to play songs I've "u liked"

I have removed the "liked" status of many longs that are in my liked songs playlist. I do this by unchecking the heart status that is highlighted as "liked". I've been removing many for awhile while listening to my "Liked songs" playlist from my library. On the screen it will pop up and say "Removed from Liked Songs but I still get a lot of previous songs that were "unhearted" still playing in the Liked playlist. The songs heart is not highlighted so it's not liked anymore but still plays when I use the liked songs playlist.  I've got so many I unchecked the "like" status mostly because I was tired of hearing them but they continue to be in my liked playlist. Frustrating and why doesn't remove them like the pop-up says it does?

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

(Pixel4xl)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

If I've said 99 times I don't like a artist then it's safe to assume I probably don't like that artist.
Screenshot_20201214-162049.png
5 Replies

Hey @garej704,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

It's a good idea to restart the device and then to log out and log back in again. If that doesn't help, you can give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. By doing that you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues.

If that doesn't help, you can try on another device. Does the issue persist? That way you can see if it's a device-related issue.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I actually just got a new phone and with a fresh install of the app on a new phone it does this. It even does it on my tablet and when I tell Alexa "play my liked songs" it'll still play songs that aren't marked as liked.
If I've said 99 times I don't like a artist then it's safe to assume I probably don't like that artist.

Hey @garej704

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

In such a case it's also possible you're experiencing an account-related issue. You might need to create a free test Spotify account following these steps to check if the same happens on a different account. 

If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

Can't agree with you more here...  Wonder if there is any ways to clear the cache of Spotify.... I have changed phones AND laptops and the same thing happened still!

Hey @Ftft00,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you share with us the troubleshooting you’ve already done? This way we can suggest any other alternatives for you to try. If not haven't yet, you can start by a clean reinstall of the app. You can do it by following the steps in this article. This is a bit different than a normal reinstallation, as it involves clearing all Spotify app data and cache from your devices.

On another note, if this doesn't do the trick, can you share with us the link to the song(s) you removed from your Liked Songs playlists and that you still notice in it? You can follow the steps in this article to do it.

Lastly, can you let us know the exact make/model of your current affected device along with the Spotify version you have running?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts