Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liker Songs Filter Not Working.

Liker Songs Filter Not Working.

Plan

Free

Country

Australia

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 8

My Question or Issue

A few months ago my filter on my 'Liked Songs' section stopped working, I first thought that it would be fixed within a few weeks and didn't worry about it. But a few weeks later it still hadn't been fixed so I reinstalled Spotify, which did nothing. It has been happening to me for months now and is starting to get really annoying when I filter Post Malone for example and "Express Yourself by N.W.A." starts playing after the first song finishes playing. 

MyNameIsJ3ff_0-1576187453665.png

8 Replies

Hi @MyNameIsJ3ff,

Thanks for asking your question here in the Community.

First, it'd be great if you could check this support page article and carefully follow the steps in it to see if any of them provides a fix.

If none of them works, it'd be very helpful to see a video of the issue as you described it. That way, we'll be able to look into it in depth. 

Let us know how you get on. We'll be happy to help at any time!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The issue was reported, investigated and closed with "Won't Fix".

With or without shuffle play or repeat the next song completely disregards the filter and plays a random song. It never used to do this and I am not sure why it would have changed.

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udn5E1Ka0w0&feature=youtu.be

Hey there @MyNameIsJ3ff,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

To add to what @AeroZ mentioned, what you're describing was reported with the right teams in this Ongoing Issue thread. We'd recommend taking a look at the status update for more info as well as a workaround that you can try.

Hope this helps clear things up! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

What is interesting though is that this again works correctly in the latest versions of Spotify alpha (for IOS at least). 

Hey there @AeroZ,

That's good to hear!

Keep in mind that the Ongoing Issue above was about this happening on the desktop app so it would explain what happened here.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

The ongoing issue thread (the one that I linked) wasn't about any specific platform (at least the title of the issue didn't mention any specific platform). People there reported the issue on all platforms. 

Suggested posts