Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liking songs doesn't sync between the mobile and the desktop app

We've received reports that when liking song from the mobile app, it won't appear in the Liked Songs on the desktop app and vice versa (liking a song from the desktop app doesn't add it to the liked songs on the mobile app). This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
creepytennis

Sort this out it's a real pain in the neck.

I'm using Android app, Windows client and Linux client. Nothing syncs liked songs properly anymore.

The pinned advice given doesn't work for me because I don't have an "offline mode" option under settings in my Android app.

What does work for me is logging out and loging back in. A real pita.

Fix it.

vierzehn

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Pixel 3a, Windows PC

Operating System

Android 12, Windows 11

Used an iPhone SE (2016) before, didn't with between Windows PC like other comments say. On my new Android phone it does sync between devices.

Novy

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your patience.

The right teams have been working on this and a fix is being rolled out for the mobile app with version 8.7.20.

Let us know if the issue persists after updating the app.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

Jeremy
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

JMR8000

Still not fixed. All apps are fully up to date.

kay1amayx3

I am experiencing this issue. It is not fixed.

andrewkirc

Yep, still experiencing this issue as well. Liked songs from my Spotify app on iOS are not syncing to my Spotify app on Windows 11.

kay1amayx3

for anyone still experiencing this issue, I opened another ticket and here was the solution. I did have to perform this twice but since then it has been working normally.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Your-Library/Liking-songs-doesn-t-sync-between-the-mobile-and-the-d...

BaruchDeSpinoza

I'm also experiencing this issue. On top of that, I cannot add or remove any liked songs on my mobile app at all. I can only add liked songs on my PC, after which I need to go through all kinds of random steps of logging in and logging back out on both my PC and my phone in order to get the 'liked songs'-list synced up again.

legendozixtynin

for me i just hav to reopen spotify pc but i always want music open so its annoying uhh live sync pls :((