List Albums under Artist view?!

Solved!

List Albums under Artist view?!

shrtrnd
Casual Listener

So am I just **bleep**ed or is this feature really missing from the app/Spotify all together?

When I go to an artist in my Library I see all Tracks by that artists listed in one giant list, but I can't seem to find a way to see albums listed in chronological or alphatical order... How is this not a thing yet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Peter

Hey folks,

We appreciate all your feedback on the new Your Library experience.

Going forward, we would like to refer you to the Idea Exchange as it is the best way of providing your feedback on any features you'd like to see implemented.

There is an existing idea which suggests a change similar to the one many of you have requested here - feel free to add your vote to it here.

If you'd like to suggest something different, however, you can always submit a new idea for it.

For more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer.

Thanks! 

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

54 Replies
Solution!

Peter

Hey folks,

We appreciate all your feedback on the new Your Library experience.

Going forward, we would like to refer you to the Idea Exchange as it is the best way of providing your feedback on any features you'd like to see implemented.

There is an existing idea which suggests a change similar to the one many of you have requested here - feel free to add your vote to it here.

If you'd like to suggest something different, however, you can always submit a new idea for it.

For more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer.

Thanks! 

PeterModerator

View solution in original post

Schmoopie
I can't believe this is not part of the product. Just switched from Apple Music and my son told me it's not possible to see the artist and albums. Thought he didn't what he was doing but guess not. This needs to be implemented pronto.

brueske
Visitor

The **bleep**? How is this not a thing? I was trying spotify because of the music discovery aspect, but I can't believe this BASIC organization isn't in the app. Artist -> Album -> Songs has been the standard of music navigation since the first digital music players. How does this not make sense to spotify?

Every time I have a problem with spotify I look on the forums and topics and see automated or scripted replies that essentially say "Yup, we hear you and aren't going to do anything about it! Have a great day!" This is like the 10th problem I've had where this is the result of my googling. I'm out. Going back to Apple Music. At least that is a functional service with a UI that makes sense, and the ability to submit feedback that actually results in changes. 

mlaux66
Regular

Couldn't agree more with you

stuhac
Casual Listener

Ok, so I’m in my first month of 3 month free Premium, and I’ve got to say I’m not impressed so far. No feature to select Artist > Album > Song is frankly ridiculous. Seems the only even vaguely usable workaround is to follow an artist, but never “like” any of their songs or albums. As soon as you “like” an album, the artist view is subsequently hobbled to an ugly list of all the liked songs - no album list and no ability to see other work by that artist. Madness.

I imagine that workaround is broken as soon as you download anything, but I’ve not tried that yet.

I get the impression Spotify just want users to mindlessly consume endless rolling playlists of shuffled songs. The album is dead! Anyone know whether Apple Music has a decently sized catalogue?

Ayoninuoluwa
Visitor

I recently started using Spotify and the album in the artist page is hard to get used to. 

Apple Music on the other hand has implemented it quite well, and yes, they have a very sized catalogue with recommendations similar to Spotify. 

A7C63D15-129E-4CD4-AF08-83B5E3F1393E.png
9EA0329C-F82A-458F-AB44-C20255C62438.png

toomax
Visitor

Winamp in 1998 (21 years ago) already implemented this "so advanced" feature... It's should be tested enough and safe now for Spotify to introduce it

Peter

Hey folks,

We just wanted to let you know that a new version of Your Library is being rolled out on mobile devices, so make sure to keep your app updated!

To find out more about how it works, just head over to this Spotify Answer. 

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions regarding this.

PeterModerator

alexhoward8
Music Fan

Did this update also happen on the iphone?  None of this has been updated for me.

It seems like whoever is designing this feature for the library really doesnt know much about the user or music.  Im not trying to be rude, but every day i am getting likes by my original request.  A lot of your subs dont care for playlist, and we should be allowed to download a song or songs to our library without having create a playlist or putting it in a que, or having to download the whole album.   The library should be designed for quick access and a much easier user interface to find that song, that's why we are paying to have it stored on the phone, not streamed every time we want to listen to it  Please look at Apple's interface.  One touch downloads a song or songs, and those songs are catergorized by the album under artist.  Show a picture of the album, like you do on the home page.  make that feature for the library like you do on the home page.  

alexhoward8
Music Fan

Here is an example on iphone

6D7EA8AF-74AA-4AA5-833D-48D0D1646EFB.png
5C5B8759-C1FB-4355-B397-AF225B8C39B8.png
142A2411-C678-42AF-A0CE-C591C21D411D.png

alexhoward8
Music Fan

Here is what I see in my library for Spotify 

419F2A52-D897-4CC3-874D-1497F1E624A7.png
FB8F8592-D1B1-4762-8849-FB52C9EBED6E.png

AlexandreC81
Regular

On Android, songs of an album are grouped together and can even be downloaded. But on MacOS and iOS, nope. WHY ? This is inconsistent and an obvious bad design.

Can you guys at Spotify just make the app work the same (aka like the Android app) ?

Geeezz .!

Peter

Hey @AlexandreC81.

Thanks for your question 🙂

Since the new Your Library look is still being rolled out, it might be that you have it on some but not all your devices.

Rest assured that all your devices will eventually have the new Your Library and that the experience will be the same across all devices.

Hope that helps clear things up. Let us know if you have any other questions 🙂

PeterModerator

mlaux66
Regular

I'm not sure you have fully understood what this thread is about: this is not about people deparately waiting for some new UI design being rolled out, this is about people disagreeing with the design choices made by Spotify as they are perceived as counter-intuitive and user-unfriendly. 

Not having navgation access to the downloaded albums of a given artist is simply a must-have feature dictated by logic. This is even worse when you're offline since then the "artist" view in the library doesn't work at all.

I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand. 

Then again, I have quite frankly given up on this since Spotify is not listening. It's just that the updates from this thread keep popping up in my inbox so I couldn't resist responding here ... 

alexhoward8
Music Fan

This has been very frustrating.  I understand that you have different markets and age groups that use your servive.  I also understand that you cannot make everyone happy with request, however, my request fits a need of the  vast majority of paying subs that do more than listen to singles or create playlists.  I submitted a post on the community forum earlier this year that i felt would help people who pay for the premium service.  I looked back and saw several similiar requests that were ignored.    I waited patiently and received the proper amount of likes for Spotify to consider this concern, submitted pictures to help articulate the subject, and have been told to wait for the new update.  The new update came out, and is worse than before. I was told by Spotify after the last update to follow another request similiar to my own.  Yet, Im still getting likes by paying subs who want this change.  At least be honest and tell us that there are no plans to make the necessary changes we are asking or do something about it.  This forum will continue to get likes while our requests are ignored.  Feel free to look at all of my post, its insulting to us as the posts suggest above

Peter

Hey @alexhoward8.

Thanks for providing those screenshots.

The update to Your Library hasn't been rolled out to all users yet, but soon will be rolled out to everyone.

In any case, could you let us know your exact Spotify version?

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

PeterModerator

alexhoward8
Music Fan

The update happened a few days ago.  Unfortunatly, its worse now than before.  Now, under the artist name in the library, artist are not even listed in alphabetical order.  I guess the order is most recent listened to which makes it longer to find what the user wants to hear.  Also, I dont understand why the push to follow artist.  I have a lot of music downloaded, and i really do not see the need to have to follow a group if I downloaded the album.  Last, my main concern was not even addressed by allowing the user to find the albums listed under the artist name.  Previously, I included pictures of examples of what I was reffering to in my post as this may seem confusing.  As I said before, it really seems the designer doesnt have a clue about music or people who do more tham just listen to singles.  I have accumulated enough likes on my post to be valid, so please look at this concern.  

Peter

Hey @alexhoward8.

Thanks for your feedback on the updated Your Library experience on mobile.

We'd like to direct you and other users to the following ideas:

Feel free to add your vote to them. If the ideas gather enough votes, then Spotify will consider implementing them in the future.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions about Your Library.

PeterModerator

Jli07
Casual Listener

Still hasn't been fixed. In fact, the link you provided is now a closed discussion. With over 5,000 votes. I have just canceled my subscription because clearly, after a year of "valued" listeners giving their input on this, you do not listen. 

***Update***switched to amazon music! 

E5D9DDE3-4C09-4FF6-B1C9-8A5367BFC000.png

y1_g62l2-zw04
Casual Listener

How many votes do you need. It seems the votes are there but nothing is done. This is the same as the log on issue, nothing gets done.

This is a pitiful response to customer requests, but I guess as long as you aren't losing money you will continue to not listen to your customers requests.

Lucky you aren't a local store that relies on customer service to remain viable, being global means you can ignore your customers and get away with it.

There shouldn't need to be a request to implement something that was already there in the past and you decided to remove it without giving us, the customers, an option.

Annoyed 😞 

SUGGESTED POSTS