List Albums under Artist view?!

Solved!

List Albums under Artist view?!

shrtrnd
Casual Listener

So am I just **bleep**ed or is this feature really missing from the app/Spotify all together?

When I go to an artist in my Library I see all Tracks by that artists listed in one giant list, but I can't seem to find a way to see albums listed in chronological or alphatical order... How is this not a thing yet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Peter

Hey folks,

We appreciate all your feedback on the new Your Library experience.

Going forward, we would like to refer you to the Idea Exchange as it is the best way of providing your feedback on any features you'd like to see implemented.

There is an existing idea which suggests a change similar to the one many of you have requested here - feel free to add your vote to it here.

If you'd like to suggest something different, however, you can always submit a new idea for it.

For more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer.

Thanks! 

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

54 Replies

Katerina

Hey there @y1_g62l2-zw04,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

If you'd like more information on how the Ideas Exchange works and how your feedback reaches Spotify, make sure to head here.

Keep in mind that we are actively bringing votes and comments on a regular basis to our internal teams, so your feedback is always appreciated 🙂

Hope this helps clarify things. However, don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day!

KaterinaModerator
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

alexhoward8
Music Fan

it is troublesome when I started this back in March, received the proper amount votes, and then be told to redirect my concerns to a different post.  I am still having likes for my comments even as of today, so it seems its a valid concern thats being ignored.  

Kzieran
Casual Listener

Is there actually no idea thread for this!?

alexhoward8
Music Fan

any idea on the update?  It never happened.  Thanks

Peter

Hey @alexhoward8.

Thanks for your question - the new Your Library is still being rolled out to users, so hang in there: it should be with you soon.

Hope that helps 🙂

PeterModerator

cristyanlf
Casual Listener

Soon or 2020? 

(8.5.6.630 and nothing)

alexhoward8
Music Fan

Thank you for replying back.  It's version 8.4.99.771

Peter

Hey @alexhoward8.

Thanks for letting us know.

As I mentioned, this is gradually being rolled out, so hang in there - you should have it soon.

Take care!

spotify:track:3jIsbVIOGszdQ1B3ZZsMar:small

PeterModerator

mlaux66
Regular

Just to make sure I understand (as I have the same version of the app): are you saying that a new version of the app is rolled out that solves this issue? 

To be honest: the desktop version isn't any better, at least not mine on Windows 10. It also does not cluster my downloaded music by artists, it shows all of the albums in a list - sure, I can sort by artist, but it is still one BIG list and not clustered by artist. It is just the much larged screen on the desktop / laptop that makes this bearable. On the mobile it still forces you to scroll through hundreds of albums to get to, say, ZZ-Top. 

The artist view on the desktop only shows the artists I'm following, so it's the same unsatisfactory UX on both mobile and desktop ... at least for me. 

Jli07
Casual Listener

I have version 8.5.2.666 and it still  Not separating albums under artist names. 😞

cristyanlf
Casual Listener

8.5.3.784 here and still waiting... 

Peter

Hey @mlaux66.

Thanks for your question, and apologies for the confusion - we're saying that this is not an issue, but rather expected behaviour.

There is a Spotify Answer which explains how saving music to the new Your Library works after the recent changes - just head over here.

If you're unhappy with the changes, there's an existing idea in the Community here where you can leave your feedback on the changes and add your vote to the original user's idea to revert those changes.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions about this.

PeterModerator

mlaux66
Regular

Hi

thanks for the clarification! Unfortunately, this means for me that all hope for a decent UX is lost and I need to move to a different service. I read the information on the new and expected behaviour that you shared, and indeed it works as designed, but I'm clearly not target audience for this. 

I appreciate of course that this is not a democracy and the majority of users might find this a good solution. That's fine. I wouldn't understand how someone might find this useful, but I do not claim to always be right 🙂 

Thanks

mlaux66
Regular

No no no no - please have a look how Apple Music does it.  The “artist” is the layer between me and the “list of albums”.  And the artists are those where I have stuff in my library, not the ones which I’m following. This is not the same thing, it’s a very fundamental difference and a different concept.

bostonquad

@shrtrnd wrote:

When I go to an artist [...] I can't seem to find a way to see albums [...] How is this not a thing yet?

Hear hear! 

I want to play by album!

pukaman
Regular

This is so so ridiculous. Fix this now Spotify. I am going to cancel my subscription if you don't. We need to make a consumer's union and band together to demand action from spotify. There are so many bad UI designs like this. The only thing I still like about Spotify is how my playlists are updated across devices. 

Also they still haven't made it easy to remove a song from a playlist with one click on my Galaxy and iPad.

pukaman
Regular

This is a recent change right? I remeber browsing through the whole discogrophy of some of my favorite artists just a few months ago. I am selling my SPOT stock. I am so sick of the way Spotify removes basic and historical user interface functions that have been around for decades. Short SPOT, long APPL. The CEO will pay attention if we start talking about selling the stock.

mlaux66
Regular

Indeed, this used to work exactly as expected

kipnosky
Music Fan

I am confused. I thought this was just a bug with this latest update. It's Spotify saying this is now a design change unless enough customers for against it? 

shrtrnd
Casual Listener

To add to this, no it actually is just a really REALLY bad implementation on Spotifies part... As long as you just "Follow" an artist, and you click on that artist, you are taken to his page with the albums listed, popular songs and all that. But as soon as you "Save" an album to your library or download it to your device, you are then taken to a gigantic list (if he has a lot of albums) of all his tracks, rather than to an overview of albums in your library.
Terrible design choice I have to say and will probably push me to a different service because it is impossible to manage your library like that or find an album you want to listen to.

keeevvviiin
Visitor

I thought I was doing something wrong. This is absolutely horrific to use and if it’s not changed I’ll be heading back to Apple Music. 

SUGGESTED POSTS