Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

List Albums under Artist view?!

Solved!

List Albums under Artist view?!

So am I just **bleep**ed or is this feature really missing from the app/Spotify all together?

When I go to an artist in my Library I see all Tracks by that artists listed in one giant list, but I can't seem to find a way to see albums listed in chronological or alphatical order... How is this not a thing yet?

Top Answer
Peter
Spotify Legend

Hey @alexhoward8.

Thanks for your feedback on the updated Your Library experience on mobile.

We'd like to direct you and other users to the following ideas:

Feel free to add your vote to them. If the ideas gather enough votes, then Spotify will consider implementing them in the future.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions about Your Library.

54 Replies

Hey @alexhoward8.

Thanks for providing those screenshots.

The update to Your Library hasn't been rolled out to all users yet, but soon will be rolled out to everyone.

In any case, could you let us know your exact Spotify version?

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Thank you for replying back.  It's version 8.4.99.771

Hey @alexhoward8.

Thanks for letting us know.

As I mentioned, this is gradually being rolled out, so hang in there - you should have it soon.

Take care!

spotify:track:3jIsbVIOGszdQ1B3ZZsMar:small

Just to make sure I understand (as I have the same version of the app): are you saying that a new version of the app is rolled out that solves this issue? 

To be honest: the desktop version isn't any better, at least not mine on Windows 10. It also does not cluster my downloaded music by artists, it shows all of the albums in a list - sure, I can sort by artist, but it is still one BIG list and not clustered by artist. It is just the much larged screen on the desktop / laptop that makes this bearable. On the mobile it still forces you to scroll through hundreds of albums to get to, say, ZZ-Top. 

The artist view on the desktop only shows the artists I'm following, so it's the same unsatisfactory UX on both mobile and desktop ... at least for me. 

Hey @mlaux66.

Thanks for your question, and apologies for the confusion - we're saying that this is not an issue, but rather expected behaviour.

There is a Spotify Answer which explains how saving music to the new Your Library works after the recent changes - just head over here.

If you're unhappy with the changes, there's an existing idea in the Community here where you can leave your feedback on the changes and add your vote to the original user's idea to revert those changes.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions about this.

Hi

thanks for the clarification! Unfortunately, this means for me that all hope for a decent UX is lost and I need to move to a different service. I read the information on the new and expected behaviour that you shared, and indeed it works as designed, but I'm clearly not target audience for this. 

I appreciate of course that this is not a democracy and the majority of users might find this a good solution. That's fine. I wouldn't understand how someone might find this useful, but I do not claim to always be right 🙂 

Thanks

any idea on the update?  It never happened.  Thanks

Hey @alexhoward8.

Thanks for your question - the new Your Library is still being rolled out to users, so hang in there: it should be with you soon.

Hope that helps 🙂

I have version 8.5.2.666 and it still  Not separating albums under artist names. 😞

8.5.3.784 here and still waiting... 

Soon or 2020? 

(8.5.6.630 and nothing)

The update happened a few days ago.  Unfortunatly, its worse now than before.  Now, under the artist name in the library, artist are not even listed in alphabetical order.  I guess the order is most recent listened to which makes it longer to find what the user wants to hear.  Also, I dont understand why the push to follow artist.  I have a lot of music downloaded, and i really do not see the need to have to follow a group if I downloaded the album.  Last, my main concern was not even addressed by allowing the user to find the albums listed under the artist name.  Previously, I included pictures of examples of what I was reffering to in my post as this may seem confusing.  As I said before, it really seems the designer doesnt have a clue about music or people who do more tham just listen to singles.  I have accumulated enough likes on my post to be valid, so please look at this concern.  

Is there actually no idea thread for this!?

Hey @alexhoward8.

Thanks for your feedback on the updated Your Library experience on mobile.

We'd like to direct you and other users to the following ideas:

Feel free to add your vote to them. If the ideas gather enough votes, then Spotify will consider implementing them in the future.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions about Your Library.

How many votes do you need. It seems the votes are there but nothing is done. This is the same as the log on issue, nothing gets done.

This is a pitiful response to customer requests, but I guess as long as you aren't losing money you will continue to not listen to your customers requests.

Lucky you aren't a local store that relies on customer service to remain viable, being global means you can ignore your customers and get away with it.

There shouldn't need to be a request to implement something that was already there in the past and you decided to remove it without giving us, the customers, an option.

Annoyed 😞 

it is troublesome when I started this back in March, received the proper amount votes, and then be told to redirect my concerns to a different post.  I am still having likes for my comments even as of today, so it seems its a valid concern thats being ignored.  

Hey there @y1_g62l2-zw04,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

If you'd like more information on how the Ideas Exchange works and how your feedback reaches Spotify, make sure to head here.

Keep in mind that we are actively bringing votes and comments on a regular basis to our internal teams, so your feedback is always appreciated 🙂

Hope this helps clarify things. However, don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

On Android, songs of an album are grouped together and can even be downloaded. But on MacOS and iOS, nope. WHY ? This is inconsistent and an obvious bad design.

Can you guys at Spotify just make the app work the same (aka like the Android app) ?

Geeezz .!

Hey @AlexandreC81.

Thanks for your question 🙂

Since the new Your Library look is still being rolled out, it might be that you have it on some but not all your devices.

Rest assured that all your devices will eventually have the new Your Library and that the experience will be the same across all devices.

Hope that helps clear things up. Let us know if you have any other questions 🙂

I'm not sure you have fully understood what this thread is about: this is not about people deparately waiting for some new UI design being rolled out, this is about people disagreeing with the design choices made by Spotify as they are perceived as counter-intuitive and user-unfriendly. 

Not having navgation access to the downloaded albums of a given artist is simply a must-have feature dictated by logic. This is even worse when you're offline since then the "artist" view in the library doesn't work at all.

I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand. 

Then again, I have quite frankly given up on this since Spotify is not listening. It's just that the updates from this thread keep popping up in my inbox so I couldn't resist responding here ... 

Suggested posts