List Albums under Artist view?!

List Albums under Artist view?!

shrtrnd
Casual Listener

So am I just **bleep**ed or is this feature really missing from the app/Spotify all together?

When I go to an artist in my Library I see all Tracks by that artists listed in one giant list, but I can't seem to find a way to see albums listed in chronological or alphatical order... How is this not a thing yet?

52 Replies

Re: List Albums unter Artist view?!

shrtrnd
Casual Listener

To add to this, no it actually is just a really REALLY bad implementation on Spotifies part... As long as you just "Follow" an artist, and you click on that artist, you are taken to his page with the albums listed, popular songs and all that. But as soon as you "Save" an album to your library or download it to your device, you are then taken to a gigantic list (if he has a lot of albums) of all his tracks, rather than to an overview of albums in your library.
Terrible design choice I have to say and will probably push me to a different service because it is impossible to manage your library like that or find an album you want to listen to.

Hey @shrtrnd.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community and for providing that feedback.

If you would like to see this feature implemented, you can create an idea in the Ideas Exchange here and get others to vote for it. If it garners enough votes, then Spotify might consider implementing it!

Hope that helps! Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

alexhoward8
Regular

Spotify, please listen and pay attention to this posted message.  This is a big problem to a lot of your users who do more than just listen to an artists single.  It has a hard time getting the 50 likes because of the difficult nature of how your subs try to articulate this issue in a posts  I have serached the history of posts, and this concern keeps coming up.  I believe it doesnt appear to the necessary 50 likes due to the nature of its description, but it is there going back to early days if one looks.  Several friends of mine have dropped spotify go to another app because of this.  Thanks

Hey @alexhoward8.

Thanks for raising this with us.

Would you mind posting links to the different threads where this has been mentioned? Once we have that, we will look into it further.

Many thanks :)

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Re: List Albums under Artist view?!

bostonquad

@shrtrnd wrote:

When I go to an artist [...] I can't seem to find a way to see albums [...] How is this not a thing yet?

Hear hear! 

I want to play by album!

Belwri
Casual Listener

Is it just me or does this request for proof seem unnecessary. Shouldn't really work like this. Does it make sense to have the option to view individual albums  of Artists in your library? Well of course it does. Am I paying you a subscription? Uhuh. So if paying customers would benefit from the feature.... just implement it. Why do you need proof that other people may benefit from an obvious feature improvement? It's just common sense. No offence.

l7-5b_kk6iin

100% agree with this. No proof of concept required. Music organisation has historically been Artist-Album-Song. Since digital collections were made possible, the power of this organisation has been huge. Spotify is the only system I know that dismisses this by essentially excluding Album from sorting. Why? I don't know. 

To need 100 likes or whatever for this to be considered an option is a joke. It's simply a case of dismissing basic research on Spotify's behalf and putting the onus on the user.  

pukaman
Regular

This is so so ridiculous. Fix this now Spotify. I am going to cancel my subscription if you don't. We need to make a consumer's union and band together to demand action from spotify. There are so many bad UI designs like this. The only thing I still like about Spotify is how my playlists are updated across devices. 

Also they still haven't made it easy to remove a song from a playlist with one click on my Galaxy and iPad.

pukaman
Regular

This is a recent change right? I remeber browsing through the whole discogrophy of some of my favorite artists just a few months ago. I am selling my SPOT stock. I am so sick of the way Spotify removes basic and historical user interface functions that have been around for decades. Short SPOT, long APPL. The CEO will pay attention if we start talking about selling the stock.

SUGGESTED POSTS