Visitor

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 11

My Question or Issue

I've tried every other local file thread on here, and nothing has worked. I cleared my cache, and uninstalled the app on both devices. I'm on the same account and wifi network- I tried 2 networks, too. I have local files turned on on both, and show unplayable tracks. I made sure the files were the correct type (mp3, I tried m4a too and same result). I downloaded the playlist, and it just. does. not. work. One song shows up fast at the bottom and goes away, and the other song shows a pop-up. I've never had this much of a problem with local files before. I attached a video of me trying to open the former and then the latter song, as well as what happens when I click each one. Please, please help. It's really agitating and bothers me to no end. The former track used to work and be downloaded, but when i redownloaded the app, that stopped working, too. 

image2.png
image1.png
1 Reply

Jeremy

Hi there @cakesalad,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. Really great troubleshooting you've done so far!

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your phone so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Another useful step is to change the source folder of the local files on the pc. The steps are: Uninstall Spotify on both devices > create a new folder somewhere else on the pc and move the local files there > install Spotify again > remove any potential source folders and add the new one > download the playlist again.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂
SUGGESTED POSTS