Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files Section missing (And yes i've turned it on in settings)

Solved!

Local Files Section missing (And yes i've turned it on in settings)

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Desktop (Asus Zenbook)

Operating System

Windows 10

I dont see my local files section on the spotify desktop. In the settings i have turned on the local files option (Show local Files). I've attached a picture where you can see on the left side there is no Local Section (Only home, Search bar (zoeken), and library (bibliotheek). Can someone help me out?

Thanks in advance:)

Spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi folks, 

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community.

In the new desktop client, the Local Files are in the Playlists tab when you click on Your Library in the main menu on the left - they should be right next to your Liked Songs as @AeroZ mentioned.

In case that's not how the app looks like on your end, it's well worth running a clean reinstall by following these steps and make sure to download the app again from the Microsoft Store.  

@A_Mystery, we're sorry to hear that your experience with the New Desktop app hasn't been as expected, but no worries, the team in charge is aware of this and currently working on fixing this in the upcoming updates. You can read this and more updates in this thread. We also encourage you to leave any feedback you have there, since it's constantly being monitored by the right folks and your feedback is really important for us to keep improving the app.

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Same problem here. This new client really seems to be missing a lot of features and already shows a bunch of bugs... it's a shame they didn't flesh it out more before releasing.

Local files are under you library->playlists. 

Marked as solution

Hi folks, 

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community.

In the new desktop client, the Local Files are in the Playlists tab when you click on Your Library in the main menu on the left - they should be right next to your Liked Songs as @AeroZ mentioned.

In case that's not how the app looks like on your end, it's well worth running a clean reinstall by following these steps and make sure to download the app again from the Microsoft Store.  

@A_Mystery, we're sorry to hear that your experience with the New Desktop app hasn't been as expected, but no worries, the team in charge is aware of this and currently working on fixing this in the upcoming updates. You can read this and more updates in this thread. We also encourage you to leave any feedback you have there, since it's constantly being monitored by the right folks and your feedback is really important for us to keep improving the app.

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I've made a post with my main concerns in that thread. I should've looked better, I was just very concerned about the new layout since it made some changes that frustrated me. It might've been a good idea to have had some tips informing people where stuff can be found that has been moved (as some other software does). Anyway thanks for the reply.

Suggested posts