Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Windows 10 PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

This time yesterday, my Spotify local files list was around 17,000+ tracks, which was all the music on my computer. Had some trouble with a new CD I'd bought, as Spotify refused to read it no matter what. After some fiddling with files, I finally got the desktop app to play the tracks... only to find numerous other tracks had been removed from the local files list in the process.

Using other support tickets I've attempted a multitude of fixes, none of which have restored my 17,000 tracks. Instead, I've gone from zero tracks to 200, up to 2912, down to none and up to 612, at which points Spotify has stalled or hung on loading screens.

I have numerous playlists using local music, and now none of it will play or sync to my mobile devices. Can anyone figure out what the heck I've done before I probably die of pure rage. Thanks.

1 Reply

Hey there @Matttheashcroft!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We're sorry to hear you have trouble with your local files and we'll our best to help you solve this.

You mention that you've tried different steps to solve this, could you let us know your exact troubleshooting so that we can see what to suggest without repeating things.

Just to make sure - have you've tried removing all the linked sources from Local files > restarting your device > adding the songs again?

It's also a good idea to make sure you have the Spotify version from the Microsoft store.

Keep us in the loop here!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts