Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files from my PC are not downloading to my phone, any solutions?

Local files from my PC are not downloading to my phone, any solutions?

So I’m trying to add some songs to my playlists but for some reason they are greyed out even though it shows that they are downloaded onto my phone. I’ve tried everything suggested online and yet I can’t seem to get my phone to sync with my PC. Anyone know what i can do?
1 Reply

Hi @Vicncak!

Could you let us know the following:

• Your phone's make, model and OS version.
  • The version of Spotify you're running.

In general, when trying to sync local files from your PC to your phone, we'd recommend keeping the Spotify app open on both devices. If the issue persists, try removing all downloads from your phone (in the app's settings > Remove all downloads), reboot your phone, then download the playlist with the local files once again.

In case the tracks are still greyed out, it's best you start over the whole process: on the desktop app delete the prefs file located at C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\. The file holds info about the currently logged in account. While in the Spotify folder, you'll also find a Users folder. Open it and delete its contents as well. This will reset the app's settings so you'll have to readjust them.

Once everything is set, clear Spotify's cache and data on your phone (if you're using an iOS device you'll have to reinstall the app instead), then reboot your phone. After it boots back up, log in to your Spotify account (remember to keep Spotify running on your PC) and download the playlist again.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts