NEXT STEP

Local files

Local files

Plan Premium

Country New Zealand

Device Samsung Galaxy S10, Sony Xperia, and Windows PC 

Operating System Android 9, Windows 8

My Question or Issue

I have a lot of local files of songs which for various reasons aren't available in New Zealand (and other countries too). However, when I try to upload my local files of these (mp3s) they lose the metadata I have and get replaced with that of the files that aren't available to me.

Then when I try to add these local files to playlists, they'll show up in the playlist on the PC where the local files are and play ok, but they won't show up on the same playlist on the phone and therefore won't download to my phone. 

How can I get Spotify to stop replacing with the (often incorrect) metadata and then get them into my playlists.

Thanks

2 Replies

I am also stuck, I have been looking for a solution for months!

Hey there @p-_497ctdthlq and @MaryCherryNZ,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. No worries, help's on the way!

We'd first off recommend to check out this support article for full information on Local Files. There's also a helpful Spotify Answer with some good troubleshooting steps if you're having difficulties syncing your local files to your phone.

If that doesn't do the trick, it'd be great if you could also try the recommended steps here and here and make sure you have Hide Unplayable Songs toggled off in your Settings.

Another thing you should check is whether the files you're trying to import are DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected. In case they're iTunes, you can check for DRM protected tracks by following these steps.

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know how it goes.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts