Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local music sync was working up until recenly

Solved!

Local music sync was working up until recenly

Plan

Premium

My Question or Issue

My spotify local file sync was working great up until a little while ago, most of the local songs use to listened too in my playlists became greyed out (unavailable), they are still available to listen to on the desktop application. I tried redownloading the playlist but that did not solve the issue, neither did readding the local files to my playlists.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @BinaryScary

Thanks for keeping in touch and for the info provided.

Could you try enabling the Offline Mode?

If that doesn't do the trick, we recommend running a clean reinstall of the mobile app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

Also, make sure that there aren't any cache clearing or battery optimization apps or settings enabled on your phone as they might interfere with Spotify.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

If you’re on mobile maybe you have local files setting disabled in settings. 

Hi thanks for the response, I already had this setting enabled and the songs were "downloaded" but when I click to play a song nothing is played.

Hey there @BinaryScary,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

We'd recommend making sure that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

You can also find other useful tips for Local Files in this article. 

Let us know how it goes!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The songs are actually downloaded, or they appear to be (green arrow under song). The issue is when I click on the song to play nothing happens, the song pops up on the player for a second anthen disappears.

Hey @BinaryScary,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

It's a good idea to give these steps a go and clear the cache from the local files. Then you can try again syncing up the files. 

It's also important to make sure that the Firewall is disabled. 

In case the issue persists, you can send us a screenshot of what you're seeing. We'll look into this further.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for your suggestion, I followed the steps and readded all my local music and redownloaded the playlist I was having issues with but the problem still persists, I can play the songs on the desktop app but not on the iphone app even with them shown as downloaded. I have attached a picture showing what I see on the desktop when I play a song and a video of what I see on the app when trying to play the same song, this is consistent for all local music in the playlist.

BinaryScary_2-1612197446848.png

Something strange I just encountered, I tried to reinstall the spotify application on my iphone but now all the local file songs have disappeared from my playlist, they still show up on the spotify app on my desktop.
Marked as solution

Hey @BinaryScary

Thanks for keeping in touch and for the info provided.

Could you try enabling the Offline Mode?

If that doesn't do the trick, we recommend running a clean reinstall of the mobile app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

Also, make sure that there aren't any cache clearing or battery optimization apps or settings enabled on your phone as they might interfere with Spotify.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

I went through the steps of deleted the cached files and that seemed to fix whatever issue I was having, Thanks!

Hey @BinaryScary,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We're glad to know that it solved the issue 🙂

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, give us a shout.

Have a good one!

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts