Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Lyrics are missing for free users

Lyrics are missing for free users

on spotify it is showing i need premium to see lyrics 💀💀

228 Replies

fix spotify or people are gonna genuinely start boycotting it

its still not working and how long u this ''experiment '' gonna go on for.

well personally if it keeps being like this and even continues, even though i like the platform, ill change it for sure, there are a lot of options that give me a lot of features for free. if u look at it, its more funny wn u see it don't even write the lyrics themselves / or get it from the artist, it copies it from Musicmatch.

they even removed the heart button T-T

Fr- I loved that heart. Like I knew it was going into my liked songs. But when I go to remove songs, it's such a difficult process now. very disappointing. And Im **bleep** that they took the lyrics away!!! Like, I’m not buying premium just to know what the lyrics to a song is, I can **bleep**ing go on GENIUS to find that out. Way to go Spotify, you've degraded your company for no reason! Stop wasting everyone's time and give us back our lyrics.

Basically discord nitro

Not the best choice to make tbh.

all of the answers here are from a while ago, but a few days ago the lyrics wouldn't show up on the web player, (but it was okay on the app) and they're still missing. is spotify doing another test? or is this just a me thing?

Relax, Spotify is neither the first nor the last music or video streaming app to implement silly or simple things in the available subscriptions. 

To answer your question directly, it's just another way for Spotify to make users miss the lyrics and, consequently, choose to pay for a subscription.

Welcome to capitalism!

It's not just a you thing, for some reason they took away the lyrics on the web player.

may 5 2024 WHY DO WE NEED PREMIUM FOR LYRICS THIS IS RIDICULOUS BRO

im gonna have a mental breakdown😭

I have the same issue and I tried everything I could. Please help me for fix the app.

Hello! I just wanted to thank you for bringing this problem up as I have been having the same issue and was unable to find anybody else talking about it. Hopefully this gets fixed soon! Once again, thank you.

Plan

Free

Country

Malaysia

Device

Android, Lenovo ThinkPad

Operating System

Android 12, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Are lyrics now part of a Premium subscription? Please fix this. We need the lyrics. Why did you decide to put it under premium?

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-02 at 6.20.20 PM.jpeg

Screenshot (64).png

well your "small experiment" has caused a issue in the community and no one likes it.

GUYS!! 

For me it occurred when i tested it out, it occurred each account I had made that had over 100 liked/saved songs. 

THIS UPDATE IS NOT RECENT !!

This has been an update since September 2023 and with a rapidly growing spotify community, songs are becoming more and more likeable, creating a mainstream problem across all of spotify. Please spotify, at lest change it to 500 likes and then a premium update. (not forcing <3) tyy!!

Everyone have a good day/night and Jesus loves u!!

I would like to ask, why do we need premium in order to see the lyrics????? like why should I pay to see the lyrics????It's suppose to be free, I think this feature is dumb and unlogical. Lyrics are our freedom for non premium users. So please, MAKE SPOTIFY LYRICS FREE AGAiN!!

IS SPOTIFY PAY TO LISTEN???😬

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting on the Community!

We're monitoring this thread and keeping an eye on all your feedback - it doesn't go unnoticed.

Cheers!

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts