Make top artists and top songs this month public

Plan

Free/Premium

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10 x64

My Question or Issue

I saw in the new update which I installed on my profile my top artists this month and top songs this month, but it says it is only visible to you (me)

Is there a way to make this visible to all visitors of my profile?

Top Answer
Dian
Spotify Legend

Hey there,

Thanks for the replies.

If you want to see this feature implemented, we advise you to vote on this idea. You can also share the link to your peers. The more votes the idea gathers, the more attention it'll get. Let's go!

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

16 Replies

Wondering about this too

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community 🙂

Currently, this information is only visible to you. We’re always looking for new ways to improve our users' experience, and we will continue to innovate the product experience.

You can also head here to find more information about the New Desktop Experience and share your feedback in the thread.

We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I too would like to express my desire to make it so this feature is visible to everyone! Having, of, course, the option of choosing if you want to let it remain private or making it public.

I think it's a wonderful thing to find people who are currently listening to artists or song that i really like, and having people discover the same about me is great! There's nothing better than discussing your favorite artists with someone who just discovered them, or the opposite, discussing a great artist you just found with someone who already knows it very well and can give you recommendations and fun facts about them! It would definitely greatly improve the experience for anyone who is interested in sharing this information!

Hey @ganda

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂 

While it's currently not possible to share this info, other users also think this would be a good idea. In this case, you can add your +VOTE and Subscribe to this thread. That way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

You can also share your feedback here so that it reaches the right teams.

Don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up.

Cheers!

NovyModerator

Top artists used to be able to be public. Why was this made private?

Also top artists used to be in general, not just this month. Additionally, I listen to Spotify regularly and definitely have listened to more than one artist repeatedly, yet it's only showing me one top artist for the month and it's an artist I hardly listened to.

Something broke.

+1

+1 I totally think top songs and top artists should be visible to our friends and followers. And having the ability to hide it if we choose would be a great feature.

+1

+1 We need this

This could be an amazing feature

I was thinking about it too! Would be pretty cool and I honestly don't understand why it's not a feature already

Hey there,

Thanks for the replies.

If you want to see this feature implemented, we advise you to vote on this idea. You can also share the link to your peers. The more votes the idea gathers, the more attention it'll get. Let's go!

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I was also wondering this. I was looking in settings, under social, to find a toggle to make it public. It's not there yet, but I'm sure it will be super easy to add. This feature would improve the app greatly in my opinion.

I'm not sure how to vote but I would really like to see this implemented, it'd be cool to see your friends top listens and express your own. The current 'Recently Played Artists' is cool and all but the top artists / top tracks of the month would be awesome to see implemented as a 'toggle publicity' option. Hope the Spotify Staff can soon add this feature as it is clearly wanted by at very least the 10ish people that have commented just on this post alone; there are probably many others that don't know where to voice their opinions that also are keen to receive this feature. Thanks for the consideration!

Hi @fridge_ap!

You just need to visit the idea @Dian provided in the pinned post and click on the VOTE button to the right:

1.PNG

Once you've added your vote, it would look like this:

2.PNG

Cheers!

YordanModerator

+1. Please add visible public feature for "Top Artists" and "Top Tracks This Month". It'd really cool.

Suggested posts